Mod Request: Move & Attack

I have been trying and failing to make a mod where the player can move and attack at the same time using a controller (similar to a twin stick shooter). Since Eye of Reckoning exists, it seems like it should be possible if not pretty to accomplish, but I haven’t even been able to locate the Oathkeeper’s skills in the asset manager to see how it works.

Ideally, this would be a universal fix and be compatible with mods that add additional masteries. The biggest hurdle seems to be that normally when playing a controller one stick controls movement/direction while the other controls the camera.

The reason I am focusing my efforts on Grim Dawn is because of all the isomeric action rpgs I’ve looked at, it has the best controller support. I’m just tired of playing games rooted in 20+ year old design where you have to stand in place while attacking.

I’m not a modder but I wonder if it’s possible since movement and i.e. shooting have separate different animations. Which of them would you play while moving at shooting at the same time?

Shooting most likely, which is why I wouldn’t expect it to be pretty otherwise I assume it’d either need a suite of attack/move animations or some way to blend them on the fly which I am pretty sure Grim Dawn was never built for.

Example video of how it’s handled in Unreal Engine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21826RLD3L8