[MOD REQUEST] Rogue-like Grim Dawn

Hi all,

I have no modding ability, nor the time to invest, but I wanted to share this idea in hopes there was an appetite for someone else to pick it up.

The idea of this mod is that not only are the characters hardcore (e.g. death is permanent), but so are the creeps. So once you clear an area, its clear, forever.

This obviously brings about a few issues around exp and loot. Which is why I’m proposing a rogue like mod. For those who don’t know what a rogue-like dungeon is, its basically a dungeon RPG where you try and see how deep you can go before dying. There’s a lot of skill involved, but also a great deal of luck. Some runs you get amazing drops and manage to get very far, others you die quite early.

What would be required is an exponential increase in exp so that by the time you reach Log, you’ve just dinged 85. Whether exp now comes purely from quest/unlock warpgates/shrines, etc instead of creeps may make this simpler.

You would also need an exponential increase in loot drops too. Running BOC should be spewing Legendaries quite frequently - this is fine, because in a Rogue-like there’s no item sharing. You get what your character gets and if you die, you start over.

Crafting, rep grind, etc would all also need to be simplified significantly too.

You could do this with or without difficulties. I.e. You start at level 1, reach Log and you’re 85. As opposed to doing Log on Vet at 50, Elite at 70 and Ulti at 85. Obviously the difficulty would really need to ramp up quick if using the first option.

The benefit to this playstyle is that if you’ve gone an afternoon to kill you can start a new character (potentially with mates) and finish the game that night.

You can try fun and whacky builds to see how far you get, and if you die - so what. You lost no items (because they’re not transferable) and the character was either going to die, or end the game soon anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to read, I hope you like the idea. Haven’t got a clue how difficult it would be to implement, but it would be great to see.