Mod request

Hi guys!

I am really liking this game, its fucking awesome, but there its a thing that i found strange.

I was thinking about a mod that make reseting mastery skill points possible.
It’s kinda frustrating for novices to make a build and spend wrong points in mastery, and need to start over again.
Someone could make a mod like this?
To be simple it’s like reseting points in spiritual guide.

(To remove mastery points, you would need to undo skill points first on that mastery level so you can reset it).

Even if you have 0 mastery points after reset you are unable to go to the class selection page. It is hardcoded and modders discussed it before.

just use gd defiler to remove all the “skills” and manually calculate the amount of points you have to “reclaim” and give them to yourself. its not pretty but its currently the only solution until crate opens up the api a little more.

Use the Grim Dawn trainer. It takes less then a minute and you can even change classes if you want. Crate will never make this available in game, so take advantage of the tools given to you by the community.
I think I also heard that Mamba’s GD Stash can also do this, but can’t confirm it as I have never downloaded it.

but if a trainer can do it… i dont see why its not possible to do it as a mod… the feature IS functional.

Because trainers work in a way the game or it’s engine do not intend.

That’s why it does work with trainers but not with a simple mod.

Trainers = memory injection to alter the environment during runtime
Mod = loading data prior to runtime to create things within a predefined environment

Edit: Specifically what’s happening when you change your mastery investment with the trainer is that the trainer hooks onto the memory of your machine, locates the Grim Dawn process memory allocation, finds the number (or whatever it is) holding your particular mastery investment (by looking at base_memory_location + offset determined by whoever made the trainer) and then running calculations based on that number. The trainer then injects that offset memory location with a new number and lets the game handle it accordingly. In short, no, the feature ISN’T functional within the game. The trainer is doing all the functioning, not the game.