[MOD] Smash n Grab

The goal is to get this mod updated for FG or just the most recent, non-FG build? I was assuming I would wait until FG was actually released…

Personally this is correct Jiaco, updating for FG is what I wanted.

The same to me, as long as it’s updated. Though given that 27th is literally tomorrow, let’s wait some more. Maybe something happens? :wink:

How hard would it be to change few skills? If you are willing to do that, you can do it only for me or whatever. If you so desire.

What are people’s feelings on someone just independently recreating various things in the mod from scratch without the original source files? If this is just gameengine.dbr changes it seems like it’d be fairly easy to do, but I wouldn’t want to step on anyone’s toes.

Although this kind of sounds like basically exactly what jiaco will be doing so idk.

No one has a patent on higher drop rates or a specific way to do it (and using gameengine.dbr is probably the easiest one to come up with / implement), so I’d say go for it if you want to. No toes are in your way…

Yeah, I think jiaco might appreciate being let off the hook. It makes more sense for someone to take up the mantle instead of just applying bandaid updates.

Let him do as he sees fit. As long as I keep my items / characters. Look, that Witch Hunter looks like a Warhammer WH would drool all over that look!

(With that said, Shadow Strike WH is fantastic fun, you gotta try it! Now, if only Circle Transmuter changed Bleed of Slaughter mod into Frostburn…meh ; come to think why isn’t Bleed the DoT version of Pierce? Kinda like Burn is of Fire or Trauma of Physical)

So glad someone else posted this topic!

Grim Dawn + Bojack’s is the perfect ARPG in my opinion. Tried lots of other mods and none gets straight to the point of the genre like this one does. Any way this mod can work with FG would make me the happiest person ever. Don’t need new bells and whistles or anything like that, just whatever compatibility tweaks are minimally necessary so I can still use the mod.

If I wasn’t starting my last quarter of grad school next week I would start learning to mod from scratch just so I could fix or reproduce this thing myself. It’s that good!

EDIT: Just downloaded the expansion and started it up, and the mod seems to be working! Super cool!

I’d also be interested in an updated version for FG.

Imo the bojack’s version is best: No added skill/devo points, just front loaded points so you get more at low levels, and less by the end.
It is more of a QoL mod, with extra mob density and faster loot.

The original one gives too many skill/devo points. It’s more like a cheatmode.

It works? Are you completely certain you haven’t lost a thing? I’m really reluctant to lose my fabulous collection of cosmetics. Look, that Trickster’s really Brown + Yellow.

I’d agree that the original gives too much. Though my time with some of builds was phenomenal. Commando going over 70 in AoM and just cannonballing into enemies like some wrecking ball, causing like 50k+ dps with Oleron proc + Clean Sweep ; Trickster with million procs and a very wild Night’s Chill + Savagery playstyle ; WH with million ways to save himself + some awkwardly awesome Shadow Strike gameplay…

…but I’ll agree that everything past…66 or around Elite starts giving too much points and ends up in a cheat mode*. I’m not completely certain about money tbh. seeing how you must keep up your resistances(fuck off) etc, that ends up costing an arm and a half.

*given, I like how it opens up the game, but if evaluating from the base GD perspective, it gives a whole new experience. Is it a cheat mode? Essentially yes, but it could be understood as just loosening the grip of balance ; giving you more resources to have fun ; making it less of an “opportunity cost, the simulation”.

I just logged onto my level 67 character for smash n grab, and i’m able to play with no problem. I started a new character in smash n grab and it seems OK. None of my characters are eaten. I can’t 100% verify if that’s the case for you. I tried to attach a couple screen shots that I just took, hopefully you get them OK.

Well, it seems to be working. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Seriously? Nothing seems off at all? Not sure when I will find time to actually look into this mod, but keep me posted as if you find issues, I can quick fix out certain dbrs to get it “working”, but there will be a lot to do to get all the new loot tables dropping at the rate that they do outside of the new xpac.

Well, I have managed to get a bit of a grasp on what needs to be done and have fixed 2 records that are apparently critical for many aspects of FG expac.

This is built from the source from nexus, with an updated gameengine and playerlevels file using extracted records from gdx2. Sadly, some changes in the weights for loot dropping were hard to decipher which changes come from the mod versus which ones were modified by Crate since the time the mod was made.

As always, backup toons before trying.

I have kept the mod name the same, so toons from the old Smash and Grab should be compatible.

https://mega.nz/#!sQpSXIpQ!uMjWVaejJHZ-kd0Fq63zgguv4CEowSG4TfoUxVId06k

For now, I am just hoping someone will backup/test/and report back if this appears to be solid or not.

Is this based on the Bojack’s version, or the original one ?

Assuming the latter, would it be possible to just use your 2 critical records for FG and paste them in my bojack’s one ? And wich files would that be ?

Ok, that was weird, this mod does not even have gameengine in it. But I updated the playerlevels as there are 2 fields in the gdx2 version that do not seem to exist in the old dbr. Probably tons of other stuff needs updating. These 2 mods are quite different but it might be a lot to do with the inclusion of the Quickloot mod.

https://mega.nz/#!xQQHXAwT!79yLuetLNUwokqCNybUWZyXsspOq353EdDtVJOlJT6k

Many people seem to appreciate Bojack’s version as it doesn’t give more skill/devo points, just more mob density, xp and loot.

The original one leans more toward cheatmod.

Edit: Just saw your link, thanks Jiaco, i’m gonna test it.

Tested for an hour.
The mod behaves as usual, my character wasn’t corrupted.
Everything looks good so far.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the test. Any idea how to best disseminate this FG-compatible version of Bojack’s mod (S&G too for that matter)? The mega-links here in this thread are probably very well hidden for people that look to nexus instead of the forums.

These mods really need a curator that is willing to continue them. They are not really of interest to me so much, especially not the one when sneezing levels you up and you get 6 skill points for it. Once you get into FG content, you will be getting vanilla drop rates as all the new loottables still need to be modifed.

No idea.
A simple thing would be to ask hrwd to edit his 1st post to include your links and a quick description of the mod, if he doesn’t mind.