[MOD] Stellar

%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%20%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F
Hello everyone. I would like to introduce my WIP mod, called “Stellar”. The purpose of this mod is to expand endgame and build diversity by adding special new items into the game.

Those new items modify сonstellation skills, turning harmless procs into a powerful weapon.

Take a look at this:

Screenshot_new1

Or this one:

Looks cool, right? Sign me up, I want one!

Not so fast. Those items are pretty hard to obtain.

Most of the Stellar items drop from certain enemies around Cairn. But, unfortunately, many of those items lost their Star Power (but not all ;)) and are now Powerless:

Crown_ps

Powerless items have worse attributes and do not provide any modifiers or set bonuses. They are still good for leveling though, due to their lvl requirement eing lowered to 50, but their armor value is the same as the 94 lvl item one.

To bring powerless items back to their full potential, you will need to find Star Dust. This new component drops from a new mob called Star Hunter. Those guys spawn randomly on any(!) difficulty, after you kill certain mobs:

Star hunters are very dangerous and require good gear to fight them. Each Star Hunter drops 1 Star Dust, that can be used to turn powerless items into stellar ones:

Crown_infuse

But be warned though, stellar constellation modifiers may cause cool fx changes!

Screenshot_new3

12 Likes

Download links
Outdated Version b.0.2
Outdated Version b.0.3
Latest Version b.0.4 (farming guide inside)

1 Like

Interesting concept, will keep an eye on this :wink:

1 Like

gimmie gimmie

1 Like

Yes my Shattering Affixes mod also gives Devotion modifiers, that’s one feature that I love because it’s not present in the base game.
Do you know that you can make the cosmic/stellar background of your items moves in the inventory icons ?
It would be even cooler.

Yes, I wanted to make a moving background at some point, but didn’t find any support for that in the asset manager. How do you do that? Compiling bitmaps doesn’t give an option to add animated frames…

Looks great

1 Like

yes it does I did it for my Shattering Affixes mod (it’s open source, you can look at it if you want).
But unfortunately they don’t have a scrolling feature for bitmap, so you would need to make 30 or 60 frames for each of them which is a lot of time for an effect that player’s will see 0.1% of the time when they open their inventory.

1 Like

Sounds like too much effort, taking into account the amount of items I’m planning to add… Guess I’ll stick the static background then.

Will surely take a look at you mod source though :slightly_smiling_face:

Always getting excited seeing a new mod gettimg anounced. And even more when it’s bringing something new to the game. Looking forward for this one.

1 Like

Are you creating new items / textures or reusing existing item art ?

I’m changing the vanila texture color sceme mostly. Bitmap art is made out of screenshots, taken in the illusionist gui.

The mod is now available for download! Note that it is still in beta and might have some bugs/balance issues. Please report those in this thread.

3 Likes

So met my first Star Hunter at level 10. He was level 30. Needless to say the hunter had a one-shot party. Hope this is being balanced.

Star Hunters are pretty easy to outrun, you just need to be aware that they might appear at any moment. Whom did it spawn from?

It spawned from Neegan the Withered.

I see… He has a very low chance to spawn a Star Hunter, so you are kinda lucky to see that happen =)
I think I will make different tiers of Star Hunters, so you’d get a weaker version at lower levels. Weaker versions will have a lower chance to drop Star Dust though.

Glad to hear that. I don’t mind not getting star dust in lower levels. Just want to bring down the hunter in the first place. :slight_smile:

Mod updated to version b.0.3

• Reworked the Star Hunter spawn system, now weaker versions spawn at low levels (with a lower chance of dropping Star Dust)
  • Added 1 new weapon
2 Likes

Great mod, will you be including stasher or grimmest as well? Thanks