[MOD] StubbornMule's: CrucibleNoXP

Thanks to StubbornMule, I have made a mod that removes any XP gain from the Crucible. Aptly named CrucibleNoXP.

Download:

https://mega.nz/#!BQomRRiY!Nftc9DFRQsHZ5dGUKhspQlN44cCFwdzbeADjJHdUcJI

Installation and recommendation:

After extraction, the archive will give you have the following:

CrucibleNoXP/survivalmode/resources/Scripts.arc

If you look in your Grim Dawn/mods folder, you will notice you already have this file installed. Keep the original Scripts.arc in a different location, for example:

Grim Dawn/save_mods/CrucibleNoXP/vanilla/Scripts.arc

While there, make another folder:

Grim Dawn/save_mods/CrucibleNoXP/modded/Scripts.arc

and put the Scripts.arc from the download above into that folder.

If you want to play normal Crucible with XP gain, put the vanilla script into the resources folder of survivalmode and if you want to NOT gain XP, put the modded version of Scripts.arc into the resources folder of survivalmode. Remember to copy/paste not cut/paste as you will return next time to find a missing arc file.

This mod changes nothing about the main game, or any other mods you have installed. It merely enables you to play the Crucible without any XP gain.

Thanks StubbornMule.

+1 endorsed. Nice and simple to run, and allows players to twink now.

Hell yeah!

Just wanted to show some love to jiaco and StubbornMule for addressing the issue. Works like a charm!

Beautiful! Thank you so much.

Wish the same thing could be done for the campaign, so we could farm specific level ranges, like 75-85, which is hardly doable now without outleveling the content very quickly.

Are you sure this really works still? It seems like I made this a million years ago…I wonder how it could be 100% functional, but I really cannot remember what all I did to make this even.

Well it didn´t work the first 15 times I tried, but now it does, no clue why, but I´m not complaining. :undecided:

That’s a lot of years 0_0

So I lied actually…you do indeed get no experience, but the game stops working at level 135 of the crucible for some reason. Enemies just stop spawning but all the NPC’s still act like you’re in battle (unable to interact). Happened 3 times on 3 different crucible maps, just to be sure. Also I tried to start at the 150 checkpoint and it just ate my tribute points but nothing happened…got all the buffs and and tried to start…but ended up having to show the level one trash mobs the fury of 4 blessings.

But why?

I rarely play Crucible at all, mostly just to get so easy devotion points early on, so it´s still okay for me, but the mod clearly isn´t really working anymore.

:frowning:

My original reply was just after I got it to actually work. Guess we’ll wait to see if jiaco sees or cares enough to tweak it after this long.

I updated the script for version 1.1.9.1
It work for the whole Crucible, up to wave 170.

I actually had a lvl 1 char with 55/55 devotions that can beat wave 120 in normal difficulty (I used GD Defiler for activating the mastery, or you cannot assign constellation at lvl 1).

Here the updated script:
https://mega.nz/folder/TptCRSiQ#CUmw92JpOP3OE_rorsZ-ZQ
Follow the instructions of OP for installing.