[MOD] The Coronus - Standalone Mastery

Rambling around (also thanks for your comment):

I don’t know if what I think is right but as I said somewhere in my post I’m probably doing something for a niche playerbase. Not many people are playing with pets (me included, to be fair), so I guess I won’t be getting much feedback. No problems though, it means less stuff to do to please people! But seriously, I should make some changes and upload the new version but I don’t want to. Hm, well, perhaps one day. I’ll probably upload the next version under “1.0” and give permission to change the mod and upload it as your own version as long as I get credited for the original work. As I said somewhere I won’t stay in this community, I still don’t know where to settle. Sure thing is it won’t be here. You’re good people though, don’t get me wrong.

ive gotten feedback.

necro+coronus seems to be “the” pet build now.

1.0 just got released and now I’m going to stop working on it. Please refer to the patch notes for more informations.

Anywho now I’m going to move on to other things. I’ve been thinking about making a new mastery for some time and I think it could work, but I need to make the PSEditor work.

In any event, I hope you’ll enjoy this mod, as it was my first “serious” mod and also the first I ever uploaded. Now I leave with new knowledge in mind, and it feels nice. But it doesn’t feel as good as creating something.

Thank you Crate for making this amazing game, I’ll continue playing this game until I die (or until the game dies down)… Or a better ARPG appears out of nowhere.

amazing job, great thanks for this class, really balanced and enjoyable :slight_smile:

can’t expect what future could provide

Thank you very much!

The future won’t be bright for this mod as I believe I’m more or less done with it. There might be a new summon to complement the whole thing at some point (the last elemental skeleton, with god damn chain lightning) but don’t expect it at all because I may never do it.

Edit to not make a new post:

I started to work on a new class but stopped after making the folders and all the non modified vital files, but here are a few infos on my next class if I ever finish it:

Skelethon

Because I was listening to the amazing Aesop Rock I decided to use his album name.

As the name suggests it’s going to be a new mastery focused around summoning (again!) but this time, you’re going to have an army. It’s not going to work well with heroes and bosses because of attack/defense slots, but I plan on bypassing that by creating “spells” to hit the enemy at arms length. Hopefully it will work out. Besides having a good bunch of skeleton warriors (I wonder if 2 handed is possible given the current animations? Sure I could create new ones but who am I, fucking Tesla? No, I’m Not-so-willing Bob), there might also be permanent ranged skeletons, a general that buffs and two bodyguards for him (all three temporary), and besides that skills for dual ranged and two handed weapons, because might as well not make it boring.

Here’s the current class selection picture:

It’s a heavily edited version of this beautiful piece of art by wee-froggy.

In game these two skills are still timed buffs not toggles.

Are you sure? They work fine for me. Did I upload the correct version on Nexus? That would be embarrassing. I’m gonna check and edit this post.

edit: Looks like I did upload 1.0.

Double posting and bumping because this is an exeption.

The release of v1.1 of Coronus after I said 1.0 was final! What a fucking cuck I am!
Anywho this is only goodies for the good people who love Grim Dawn and care about my mastery. Now, I know some people hated the fact that there were so few skills in Coronus and Skelethon and it was a waste of space for DAIL. Well no more! I merged them, now you got a complete full mastery… Because I added 4 more skills too.

Took the time to revamp the forum post itself as well so that there’s less clutter on the first page. Sadly there’s a 10 picture limit per post so you won’t see as much skill pictures as I wanted in the first place.

For the next version I plan on balancing the whole thing, which is going to be pretty fucking hard now, and maybe, just maybe, create models for my items. I got everything set up for it but I got no experience and it seems like I don’t care enough to do it. In any event, I hope you’ll finally enjoy playing the Coronus.

Note: Hopefully Ser Davood will remove Skelethon and update Coronus for his last solo release (B35) of DAIL.

Message to Ser Davood of House Seaworth:

Love your work even if I never really tested it because of my trash internet.

Signed, Somerled.

I’ll wait for DAIL 0035 to try it, but this new update/merge of your masteries seems really cool. Hoping that Davood will update soon!

github has made me a very sad panda today

anyways this time should upload successfully.

i am a git nubber

i will merge in coronus 1.1

30 mastery slots are filled btw.

15 available 15 pending

very exciting times. also there are 5 people including myself frantically filling up the name list spreadsheet. its almost done too. 426 hybrid names :smiley:

we need a subforum on the build forum for DAIL builds as there will be 1000s of them :stuck_out_tongue:

All that stuff going for DAIL is great news! I think you made a good decision in making DAIL “open”. Have you contacted the mods/admins to ask for a subforum for your giant mod? I hope they’ll grant you one knowing that most people who play with mods use only yours.

And thanks a lot for merging 1.1.
Good night!

i have not contacted them

is it appropriate? i log into GD and never see any MP dail games. or maybe they are private only. i dunno

holy shit 426

yes we have pre named all of your combos please release grim quest for me to merge good ser :stuck_out_tongue:

lots of work to be done it’s taking forever with my little free time and lack of information on certain issues…

I just realised I fucked up.

The 2H passive that boosts your defense is way, way too powerful. I mixed up two things together and now it’s completely retarded. Fix coming right up.

Davood if you’re not uploading B35 yet I can send you the file itself via PM so you can replace it without re-downloading the whole folder.

Dont know if its DAIL mod only but my Dead Dog skellies just stand there in T pose and at most a punching bag for the mobs.

I’m also using DAIL and the two archers from Rain Smell are stuck in the T pose too.

Hi Somerled, any particular reason why the new mage Y Gair has unbearably slow walking speed?
If you don’t move far enough away for him to teleport to you i.e. in combat you can make a cup of tea while waiting for him to catch up.
It isn’t very playable like that.

fixed in WIP already