Mod to join the Aetherials

Hi,

I was trying to have a look, but didn’t entirely understand how a character can join a faction. I saw in a quest the GiveFaction parameter, but where can I find the list to understand what “UserX” means?
And could I join this way the monster group and hence be no longer one of their enemies?

Can be an interesting idea but I don’t know how this can be implemented w/o completely overhauling the entire main storyline, especially with so many aetherial-based bosses around(the warden, cronley, amalgamation, etc). Also, monster spawns in a lot of regions would need to be adjusted, otherwise they’ll become enemy-less.

Theoretically it should be possible, but I see a lot of difficulties in its proper implementation. Still, may be some skilled modder can find a way around these problems.

I got an idea for the storyline. I would probably need a skilled modder that understands the technical part to give me a hand to get started with the other parts.

you’re almost certainly going to have to learn how to implement your own vision.

I will see to write up the idea in a bit more detail. Maybe somebody else in the forum gets excited and is happy to help out. I don’t need someone to do all the technical stuff, just some starter help would be great.

No offense, but there’s more than enough ideas already, and not enough people actually doing them.

If you just want questions answered, we have a subforum for that :slight_smile: - “Tutorials and Help”. There is also a lot inside the “Tutorials - A List I+II” thread.

To answer your initial question:
take a look at records/game/gameengine.dbr
under “Factions”

you cant exactly “join” a faction, you can be hostile, neutral or friendly - I guess you could say joining a faction is them being friendly towards you.
Hostile is negative numbers and friendly positive numbers. So to “join” a faction you would have to be in the positive numbers.