Modding - Devotion Shrines causing Map Editor to crash

Since 1.2 I’ve noticed that certain vanilla regions cause the 1.2 editor to crash when looking at them in Editor Mode. Removing the regions in Layout Mode stops crashes. Regions that I could isolate so far are:

• Act 3 Stonered Quarry - F077
  • Act 1 Lower Crossing - A023
  • Act 1 (some region in either burrwitch or in east march)

This is also the case when creating a completely new world with only one of the above regions in question.

Houck and me did some further debugging and found that in the F077 region the shrine causes the crash. Removing the shrine (devotionshrinen05.dbr) resolves the crash. Trying to readd this shrine instantly crashes the editor.

Removing the shrine was possible with the editor from an older game version (1.1.9.8).

Digging further into the issue we found out that several other shrines also cause this issue. It’s only shrines that have the value “normalDisabled,1” and have the following naming: devotionshrinenXX.dbr

This leaves us with the following files causing crashes in the map editor:
devotionshrinen04.dbr
*n05
*n06
*n08
*n09
*n10
*n11

Changing “normalDisabled,1” to “normalDisabled,0” alone does not fix the issue. Changing the value from 1 to 0 AND renaming the file fixes the issue. Renaming the file and NOT changing the value does not fix the issue either.

Is this something you encounter too?

This should be resolved in upcoming v1.2.0.4.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.