Modding Related Change Coming in 1.0.0.5

Also using the SetCoords() function with numbers, allowing us to spawn things where we want.For now we can only place objects where there is an already existing entity (in the main campaign).
It’s just a “wishlist”.:wink:

I guess without that method, the number of active modders will fall.
I have a lot of fun creating new mods and test them together with all other Players. In my opinion that game Change would ruin all game fun.

For me 100% of fun in GD would be lost. Unfortunattely all game Content is exactly the same in all 3 difficulties. In TQ we had new Special Monsters like “Hydra” which only spawned at higher dificulties.

This modding method was and still is a great Chance to make the game more interesting for everybody.

so Im honest. When this game Change will appear, I dont see a reason to continue playing further than to normal difficulty.

so RIP modding, RIP game fun, RIP Grim Dawn

bb game :(:cry:

I have a Little idea to fix that Problem.

you could separate the Servers, just like hardcore and normal gaming.

if you use modded game files (mod) you are not able to join Servers of People who dont have modded game files and non modded People are not able to join in Servers of modded guys.

that would work with hosted Servers as well, just as the same.

I think with that idea everybody would be okay, modders and normal playing People. But I think to bann modding completely just because of “bad behaviour” of some Players is just overreacted. :wink:

I wonder why you were spending your time to ‘fix’ it. Fixing this will only make things worse, and some mods will not be able to work because they were using this feature as the core thing. You do not have dedicated servers, and anyway this bug hardly works from the clientside when you are connecting to someone else without the mod. It wont be working or will result in your crash, host will be just fine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

which mods actually make use of this ?

I am not aware that any do, but then I don’t know all mods or their details, but assuming that pretty much nothing is, why would it make any difference ?

There are or were a few. I think even DAIL had a version that did. Honestly I didn’t like ones that used this method.

I prefer them to keep their mitts out of the main game.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

One man, from our russian community say me:
“Man connected to my server, said ‘do you want legendary items?’ I went to a trade stash, and he explode my hardcore hero”

seems like “That” problem won’t be fixed by this change. will it?

Idk, its hack or just bug like “killing aura” in one skill, anyway man was hit on own server and not on someone else, as I stressed in the message

if it’s a hack or bug abuse, as davood said regarding the aura bug, then this change probably won’t affect that unfortunately.