Modding Request

I scanned through most of the forums in attempt to not have to over ask this simple question - is any modders out there making any attempt to create a way to be able to completely respec a character?

I know this game encourages trying out different masteries on different characters, however, with my OCD as it is, I prefer to keep everything on one character with the freedom to respec to whatever I feel like playing for the day. (Mainly like Final Fantasy 11 and 14)

I know nothing about modding and I’m sure I could figure something out after days of trial and error, but if a more experienced modder could check this out that would be fantastic!

Why do you need a mod for this, there already are tools for it…

Do those tools create an in-game option for the respec? I fully agree that it’s not really a high priority issue, but it would be nice to just respec attributes and mastery points at the Spirit Guide like everything else.

I don’t know how to unspend points or I’d make it a mod. I can give unlimited devotion, skill and attribute points, but not unspend them. If we figure it out then I’ll gladly turn it into a mod.

you can use my CE table in my mods V2+ zip. it contains a skill reset script, it even refunds any spent skillpoints.
or another one which resets the masteries only, refunds, and also one to max all masteries, for devotion skill assignment, as that does not work without points in the mastery for the relevant skills.

I do have a good grasp of the asm code for the filtering of devotionskills, but i really want to have this work in in-game ui preferably.

I still haven’t found where to make the cost for respec-ing zero and allow masteries to also respec, that would be ideal, but no luck so far.
so i released the CE script.

Neverwinter Nights had maps that would allow you to reset your char.

I’m 100% sure that this is doable by putting in the option for it (NPC option). I’m sure someone will consider doing this in the future.

An example of such a map is this in Neverwinter Nights: http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/module/vordans-hero-creator

As you can see, it’s been done there, and I don’t see why it can’t be done here with the modding tools provided.

Because API’s aren’t wishes. They are buttons with specific purposes and effects. I don’t know of any API that refunds attribute points spent.

Seriously? OCD?

I’m glad out of my modding request this was all you felt the need to respond to. Helpful, thanks.