Modifier mods - Help please

i just wanted to know how to modify a mod . I am looking for Something , I find nothing very clear

just need a link or tutorial to modify a mod . like more devotion points or skills or more bit rates

I would really appreciate having good info. some mods are great. but the basic stats sometimes leave something to be desired

First start with setting up the asset manager, just like in @Elfe guide Asset Manager set up, and for modifying mod you don’t really need to go for guide II. Try to use Grim Dawn Toolwindow in the process, keep in mind the path you put in the Grim Dawn Tool windows is just for you to open directories/tools easily its not going to alter files/folder in the path you provide.

1. Create a new folder in your game installation folder name it anything you want, if you follow the guide it would be “Working” .Your path maybe look like this :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\

This folder is to keep all the files you need to build your mod and your game stuff(idk what to call them).

1. Start Asset Manager, choose work offline. Go to Tools>Option. Set the locations path as below.

Working Directory :

Build Directory :

Tools Directory :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\

The bottom 2 field I’m not sure whether its compulsory or not, but I did as guide.
If you have only AoM.
Additional Browse Directories :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx1\

Additional Source Directories :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\gdx1\

If you have AoM & FG
Additional Browse Directories :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx1\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx2\

Additional Source Directories :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\gdx1\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\gdx2\

1. Now go to Tools>Extract Game Files in Asset Manager, a window will pop up. Choose your game installation directory :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\

Wait for it to finish completely, close Asset Manager and open it again to check it extracted correctly take a peek your game database :slight_smile: you know the ‘+’ icon is visible.

1. Now you have to extract your mod. Before that make folder to keep your mod files anywhere, doesn’t matter because we need it to copy and paste resources later. Let say the mod name is ABC. Copy and paste your mod folder in :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\ABC\

Also set your Working Directory in Asset Manager as below, because extracted files going to be stored there:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\ABC\

Note : You can not see ‘+’ button yet in any of the tab in Asset Manager.

Go to Asset Manager, Tools>Extract Game Files.
This time you going to extract the mod files, choose the mod folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\ABC

1. After successfully extracted the mod folder, close Asset Manager and open it again.
    Set Working Directory as below :

Close and open Asset Manager again.

Click Mod>Select>ABC, you can now should be able to see ‘+’ icon in database tab. You can now edit your mod as you wish. But im not sure how far you can go with this method but things like devotions,skills are possible.
In case you don’t have certain files to edit from your mod, you have to import/copy and paste from :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\database

to you working mod folder :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\ABC\database\

#you must follow the folder hierarchy

1. Next you have to build your mod, go to Build>Build or press F7. After complete, copy .arz file from :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\ABC\database
#this is your built mod with the editings

Copy the ‘ABC.arz’ file, paste it at :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods\ABC

When you build your mod, for some reason Asset Manager will delete the resources files(the .arc format) in :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\ABC\resources

So I always copy from the original mod and paste it back there to build next time.

Try it out, and also if theres any mistakes here please let me know :innocent:

A few beginner level video tutorials.