[Tool]Grim Dawn Toolwindow

Note: I’m posting this here as I feel that it rather suits the modding section than the tool section as this is purely a modding related programm.

Introduction

The Grim Dawn Toolwindow is thought to make your life easier for quick and easy access of all official modding tools and starting the game without having to search for the tools over and over again.

It automatically clipps to the top most window if it is one of the modding tools so that you always can see it and it also supports overlaying though you’ll have to drag it than by hand to where you want it to be and disable Auto Clipping.

Support for the online Asset Manager is still work in progress and therefore disabled.

Important: This tool needs to be run in administrator mode as it otherwise would not work correctly.

Setup

1. Click “Browse” on the right of Game Folder and choose your Grim Dawn Steam folder

2. Click “Browse” on the right of Build Folder and choose the build path you set for your Asset Manager

Auto Clipping

Check “Auto Clipping” if you want the toolwindow to auto clip with your tools.
Usage together with Overlay Tools is not recommended

Overlay Tools

Check “Overlay Tools” to enable dragging the tool over other tools.
Usage together with Auto Clipping is not recommended

Download

See attachment.

Some people seem to get a warning that this is an unusual download. I guess this is because it’s set to run in admin mode by default as it otherwise wouldn’t be able to start the Asset Manager.

Version 1.1 Changelog

• Added Working Folder
  • Added Game Folder open button
  • Added Build Folder open button
  • Added Working Folder open button
  • Added Save button for saving directories (former included in form of auto save which did not work due to a wrong save / load order)
  • Added Detect button for auto detecting directories (reading Tools.ini file, auto detected directories will be saved automatically)
  • Tool now also clipps to the dbr editor when using Auto Clipping

Version 1.2 Changelog

Added Texture Viewer:

It can be opened by clicking the “>>” button on the right of “Current Mod”.

Features:

• Viewing .tex files by selecting a folder to search for .tex files and easy scrolling through them
  • Export Bmp image
  • Export Gif image
  • Export Jpeg image
  • Export Png image

[/list]

Attachment: Grim Dawn Toolwindow.zip
Attachment: Grim Dawn Toolwindow 1.1.zip
Attachment: Grim Dawn Toolwindow1.2 .zip

Very Sexy!

This looks like a very nice resource to add into the compendium. I would like to see some more feed back on this from others but from first looks … very nice.

Looks great!

How does the ‘Current Mod’ field work? Will it autoload the various managers/editors with that mod in mind, and if so, what’s the setup for that?

That’s without function at the moment. It’s not auto selecting but maybe somewhen in the future.

I originally made this tool for tq with support for putting mods so that new .dbr files will be shown in the editor but for that, the current mod had to be selected.

Feel free to add it :slight_smile:

What about the DBR Editor? How come that wasn’t included in the program list?

well that’s easy enough to get to by just starting the asset manager

Using the dbr editor without the asset manager won’t bring you anywhere as dbr files alone can not modify the game without being built to an arz file for which you need the asset manager again.

Not to speak of the dbr editor being built in the asset manager as default editor anyway.

That’s why :wink:

Great tool, Elfe.
I do have this slight inconvenience where I have to select game and build folders everytime I open the toolwindow. Is there some way for the program to remember my settings?

Can we swap out ini files and “working directory” folders on a per mod basis? It really sucks to keep editing my settings when I switch from build to production folders.

No, they’re global for all mods.

New version’s out! Check start post for new download.

Version 1.1 Changelog

• Added Working Folder
  • Added Game Folder open button
  • Added Build Folder open button
  • Added Working Folder open button
  • Added Save button for saving directories (former included in form of auto save which did not work due to a wrong save / load order)
  • Added Detect button for auto detecting directories (reading Tools.ini file, auto detected directories will be saved automatically)
  • Tool now also clipps to the dbr editor when using Auto Clipping

Question: Is anybody interested in an additional search function that enables searching files inside a mod using ingame and/or tagnames?

Pretty nice tool. You may also add a ‘Script Reference’ button that will show that useful text from the Modding Guide.pdf (or the whole document + some additional and useful content provided by you).

Looks like a nice function.

The other thing I am looking for is a XYZ position and Scale display of the selected object in the editor. Not sure, if you are able to do a hook for that, but I am missing that info >.<

gd stash swaps out transfer.gst files. I’m asking to swap out ini files so I can change from research, development and production working directories more easily.

Many thanks Elfe for the update!

Thx for the update Elfe, works like a charm.

A search function might be useful if you are looking at someone else’s mod and you don’t know where everything is. But I haven’t really done that so I don’t know if I’d use it.

Why would you want to swap ini files, which ini files and what would you like to archive with that?

Actually I have no idea which file(s) you’re talking about, there is a Tool.ini file and a dbreditor.ini but I can’t really think of options to change something in there while working which wouldn’t already be provided easily enough through the corresponding tools.

I’m open for suggestions though.

As for the search function I’ll add it in a future update then.

Version 1.2 is out!

Version 1.2 Changelog

Added Texture Viewer:

It can be opened by clicking the “>>” button on the right of “Current Mod”.

Features:

• Viewing .tex files by selecting a folder to search for .tex files and easy scrolling through them
    [li]View options:[/li][list]
  • Center
  • None
  • Stretch
  • Tile
  • Zoom

[li]Saving options:[/li][ul]
[li]Bmp image[/li]
[li]Gif image[/li]
[li]Jpeg image[/li]
[li]Png image[/li]
[/ul]
[/list]

As the search function is obviously not needed anymore, I’ve decided to work on this for now.

That’s brilliant, man! The original texture viewer is such a stupid program because it can’t do this.

I did notice that some textures automatically pick the stretch option, but it doesn’t make them look very good. Did you have a particular use in mind for this? I haven’t done much texture editing so maybe I’m missing something.

It would also be great if you could resize the window because some textures don’t fit in the default size unless you choose the zoom option.
You know, because some people are never satisfied…:p:p

The stretch auto picking is for textures that exceede the size of the preview window.

I’ll look into the resize thing thought I can not promise when that will be as I’m trying to find some time to do some actual modding myself right now.