Mods for Xbox version

Have the devs mentioned whether or not the upcoming Xbox version of the game will have mod support?

The devs haven’t said, but as the PC game is fully moddable I can’t see that changing for Xbox. But then I’ve no idea how consoles work compared to PCs. Are other Xbox games moddable?

Afaik there are veeeery few console games that are moddable. But I really wouldn’t know.

Fallout 4 and Skyrim both support mods on Xbox1/PS4. But I don’t know of any other games.

In both cases, the games have a built-in option to go to Bethesda.net to browse for and download the mods. I imagine Crate would have to build something similar, since you can’t really edit the game files on console without modding/hacking the console itself.

The live streams seem to be the best time to get devs to answer questions like this. Hopefully I’ll be able to make the next one (instead of watching it afterward) and maybe I’ll get them to see it and answer.

I’m thinking it’s not very likely since the modding scene for GD is nowhere near as expansive as Bethesda games.

The main reason I’m interested in the Xbox version at all is so my wife and I can play together. We have two Xbox Ones, but we don’t have two PCs.

If that’s how they work, then it sounds unlikely that the game will be moddable. Still, ask at the next live stream if you can.

I wonder if they’ll allow console players to download mods on to a USB device, insert it into the Xbox One USB port, and load them from there. There was an Xbox 360 game that allowed you to load mods that way…

I am also very curious to know if modding Grim Dawn will be possible on consoles (PS4, Xbox).
If anyone watch next dev stream, I hope he/she could ask the devs.