Monsters wielding uniques?

Back in the day, when Grim Dawn was in its dawn, this feature was in the game. However I haven’t seen any monster actually dropping their item like in TQ.

Am I hallucinating here? Or this feature was cut from the game during the years?

I mean there is an old thread about it.

They definitely still do. I try to grab a screenshot when I see one but oftentimes they die too quickly…

1 Like

Regular monsters can have these? Or only Heroes and Bosses?

I actually never encountered, maybe only once I have seen a two handed mace with fire enchantment in the hand of a Hero. But that’s it.

Yes, I’ve seen regular enemies plus Heroes using weapons or wearing Epic/Legendary equipment. It just depends on what they are allowed to equip in the game.

1 Like

it’s a very low chance for enemies to spawn with epic lower still for legend WYSIWYG items, that’s why it’s very rare. Post screenshots of monsters wielding uniques! - #135 by Gnomish_Inquisition And ofc often you just kill them so fast you don’t notice
Besides that not all enemies can spawn with WYSIWYG items as they don’t have equip slots.
I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not, but over the years i’ve been getting Skytear hat a lot from Bloodsworn in Blood Grove specifically, seems like some folks in the lumberyard liked to spawn with it.

1 Like

When I first started playing Grim dawn, I noticed a lot of Padala’s Will drops. Really? All these mobs are wielding Padala’s Will? Odd. For purples? That 2-handed mace, Stonefist Rebuke, dropped the most. I could easily tell not one mob was wielding that weapon, some didn’t even have a weapon in hand.