More complex bounties for end game farming?

Hello,

I find the endgame farming in Grim Dawn somewhat dull. Crucible is a gradd add-on to the game to test the might of a character or build but it is not the best option to farm legendaries or blueprints. It is a small environment and death in crucible penalizes the reward.

Diablo 3 had Riftgate (I haven’t played D3 for years) and Path of Exile has the great mapping system. I’m not suggesting that Grim Dawn should copy either route. In fact, GD has its faction and bounty system instead. It just requires more work to make the end game more exciting and fun.

Suggestion One: Allow multiple (3 or 4) active bounties for each faction and remove all the bounty related bosses from the game play unless the relevant bounties are active. Randomize further (greatly randomize please!) the possible spawn locations of those bosses.

For example, Devil’s Crossing has bounties related to the bosses (or star heroes) “Boris, Nicholas Balthazar, the Raven, the Rat”. Allow four multiple Devil Crossing bounties at the same time and include these bosses in the game only when the relevant bounty is active. Furthermore, randomize the spawning points of these four bosses in Arkovian Hills or its neighboring locations. In this case, the non bounty bosses like Guardian of Bysmiel or the Mad Queen will always be in the game regardless of which active bounties the player has.

Suggestion Two: Of course, completion of a bounty comes with a small reward but when all the 3-4 bounties of a faction are completed, the player will get “a faction’s token” as an extra reward.

What will this extra reward will do? Take all the tokens from each friendly faction (Devil’s Crossing, Rovers, … etc. possibly excluding Outcast or Barrowholm) to a vendor to get a prize item. The player should be able to choose the type of the item (ring, amulet, pants, one handed melee weapon,…). The player’s reward would be a random epic or legendary item of his or her coice of the base type (with chances 50% epic and 50% legendary).

I’m suggesting these to make the end game farming more exciting. Adding a 7th chapter to the storyline or another 4th dungeon to the game won’t improve the endgame content in my opinion.

Currently, what I dislike about the AoM expansion is that the exotic crafting components “Aetherial Mutagen, Aetherial Missive, Wendigo Spirit” which are essentialy nothing but mythical versions of tainted brain, ancient heart, and blood of ch’thon do probably not drop from the locations of Act 1 through Act 4. I’ve run through the whole all three dungeons yesterday without getting any of those exotic crafting components. AoM expansion implicitly forces me to farm only in the locations of Act 5 and 6 without playing the locations of Act 1 through Act 4 or any dungeon so that when I farm for legendaries or blueprints, I’ll also have a chance to get those higher tier crafting components.

Zantai has said before that he’d like to do an overhaul of the bounty system, though as far as we’re aware, it’s not planned for an upcoming update as of now.

Currently, what I dislike about the AoM expansion is that the exotic crafting components “Aetherial Mutagen, Aetherial Missive, Wendigo Spirit” which are essentialy nothing but mythical versions of tainted brain, ancient heart, and blood of ch’thon do probably not drop from the locations of Act 1 through Act 4. I’ve run through the whole all three dungeons yesterday without getting any of those exotic crafting components. AoM expansion implicitly forces me to farm only in the locations of Act 5 and 6 without playing the locations of Act 1 through Act 4 or any dungeon so that when I farm for legendaries or blueprints, I’ll also have a chance to get those higher tier crafting components.

Technically speaking, you can trade in Ancient Hearts/Tainted Brains/Blood of Ch’thon for the higher tier materials using the smith near the Malmouth Outskirts riftgate. It’s not a great way of acquiring them but it’s there.

Blowing up high level uniques also has a chance of dropping Missives/Mutagens/Wraiths too so going after some of the guaranteed Dynamite spots or crafting them and using them on any M. Epics you pile up might not be a bad idea either if you enjoy farming Act 1 - 4 areas.