More gear support for fire based EoR

I just start playing Grim dawn almost the end of last year and my first character is a fire based auradin using EoR and Judgement.

However, I have found there are not much gears that are fire based friendtly:

They mostly convert the damage to physical, lightning, even some to aether, acid, cold, chaos.

The Cyclone set is lightning oriented.
Warborn set is physical oriented.
Dunefiend set is acid oriented.

The only fire oriented items is a MI axe, and Alladrah’s Spellblade, a lvl 82 dagger.

Is it possible to add more fire oriented EoR gears, and item sets possibily?

I have also got a question, does the conversion gear that converts the EoR damage also converts the Soulfire damage? If no, then the only use of it for non phys/lightning oriented build is just damage reduction…

direct conversion no, but global still converts it

and fire eor items has global conversion available

Blazerush is a very nice Fire EoR weapon (possibly the best currently) but it only works with Shieldbreakers for it. Yes, it’s not so obvious because it doesn’t have an EoR bonus.

You can also maybe try to make hybrid EoR / Guardian build with Barthollem’s Gavel

1 Like

I have switched the dual Alladrah’s Spellblade with Blazerush but the damage per second has been halved. May be that’s because the weapon speed is too slow.

EoR tooltip display lies/is highly misleading on dw and dots involvement

it might also depend on how you build your fire eor, blazerush is ofc best with as shieldbreaker to take full advantage of the conversion modifiers

*obviously also assuming build is tweaked to deal with speed changes, since similar/“top speed” should be doable on blazerush too

I haven’t played or done the math personally, it’s just what I heard. Might be possible because for example Flames of Ignaffar which is another channeling skill is also the most damaging with this weapon according to my research and experience.

I have captured several screenshots. It seems if going for dual wield, the Bliz damage is lower but EoR damage is higher

If I switch to Blazerush, it will become the opposite, Bliz damage becomes very high but EoR damage drops a lot.

you have 162 speed, you clearly didn’t redo things for 2h in mind :sweat_smile:

and you seem to ignore what i said earlier

you literally can’t trust that tooltip to show you accurate base dmg for EoR because it lies on dual wield and dots separately; doubly so when combined
(same reason why you see blitz dmg lower because it accurately doesn’t scale on dualwield and tooltip proper reflects it for that skill, but doesn’t for EoR)

also →

you’re a warlord, fire eor should be the least of your considerations there, regardless of alladrah/blazerush (imo); but you’re not taking advantage of Blazerush there because the conversion is behind Flametouched whcih you don’t have

2 Likes

That means the current highest fire-based damage weapon suitable for EoR (though no EoR bonus) only suitable for shieldbreaker but not generic fire-based EoR. That just go back to the original argument, not enough gear support for fire EoR. There is no armor set suitable for fire EoR as well. :worried:

About optimizing my warlord, I think it will be better to start a separate thread to avoid being off-topic. :wink:

cyclone has fire bonuses
technically custom setup is better, but as long as you dont’ use the helmet you can use cyclone shoulder+medal
aside from the “not everything needs a set” (because sets aren’t everything in a build/the game), i wouldn’t be opposed to but also not super invested in fire eor getting a set,
there is plenty items supporting it, they could maybe just use a tad more/bump on their bonuses (non EoR item being the best weapon for fire EoR might indicate the current modifiers on direct eor items just aren’t strong enough) - but itemwise it’s otherwise easy to get fire eor going

i really think your main issue here is trying to be a warlord :sweat_smile:

hmm…what you mean is, if I go for warlord, it will be better to keep on using Righteous Fervor + Bliz combination (physical or fire).

If I go for Fire EoR, it will be better to go for Templar, Shieldbreaker, or Paladin like the previous one I have built?

Physical
you can do phys EoR, there is a set supporting it, you can do gutsmasher for 2h or full warborn for dual wield

anything with fire bonuses, toss in shaman too just because it has elemental RR
when i tried fire eor before buffed Blazerush Alldrah Ember’s Calling Dervish wasn’t actually that bad
the issue is soldier has no RR, so it needs a crapton of dmg to make up for the deficit, and i just don’t think Alladrah setup does that, and blazerush doesnt’ boost anything in soldier nor do you gain conversion
if going for a fire warlord, i almost always default to starting with Sunherald, legit unsure if that’s best/better here if forcing fire eor on warlord, but overall this setup just doesn’t really use Soldier side much other than OA
*you’re also not even maxing soulfire, which is a tremendous amount of dmg on EoR builds, basically letting the full lightning conversion from alladrah going to waste on top :sweat_smile: