More personaity to classes (for future project)

All the ideas im going to state here are for any future project, like a Grim Dawn 2 or if crate decide to try a different game with the same gameplay (or maybe a Titan quest 2, who knows)

I really love the masteries combination system. While each mastery have a powerfull personality to it, i feel the class resulting from the combination of them lack that. For an example, lets say death knight. When you combine them you have a soldier who know how to use necromany and death magic. So how to feel the class more like a Death Knight?

I have some ideas to share and propositions.

1)Third mastery window.
You dont have 2, but 3 masteries window. (or 1 window divided in 3). You still chose 2 masteries, but they have less skills. And once you chose the second, the third window appear, wich is a tree having skills proper the the class combination. This way you give more personality and unicity to each class.

1. Skills modifications after you chose your secondary mastery.
    Once you combine your 2 masteries, some skills change, becoming slightly different. An example with the Death Knight. Bone Harvest change, becoming similar to a ground stomp. Insted of throwing it in a cone, it spread around you, damaging all surounded enemies. Or Warcry, for example, gets another name, like Cry of Terror, and instead to reduce physical resistance, it make them fumble attacks, and run in fear (in this case, the transmuter dont exist). Skeletal summoning, get renamed to Call of Ancestors (like in TQ) and summon 3 powerful skeletal knight, fighting temporary at your side.

3)Mutators.
Before choosing second mastery, there are no transmuters on skill trees. Once you chose second mastery, you get transmuter, offering new was of evolution or your skills, wich are more related to the class combination.

Those are ideas i would like to see in future games, an and share them here to have people feedback, and more ideas.

No offense but these ideas have been suggested many times, it’s unlikely to be something you will see in GD, ever. Maybe GD 2, if that’s a thing in the future, who knows. And TQ2, well, Crate have nothing to do with that game so… dunno why you mention it.

Atm the way classes receive “personality” is through sets and the item modifiers from those set pieces among other modifiers/buffs that are acquired through other gear.

Mastery combos aren’t the end all be all of what defines your class, your equipment plays a huge part as well.

Yes, the idea is cool though. Just as I said, unlikely to make it for GD.

I know they cant make it for the game now. Thats why i said future games. And i know TQ is not into crates hands. But what if a future partnership happens. Who knows? Personlay i think it will be amazig if Crate and THQ Nordic work together for a TQ2. Just fantasizing. I love both, and wish both to evolve and advance.

Regarding #1

Maybe you could do this in a different game, where each mastery has a smaller skill tree.

On the other hand we might already have something similar in place through item sets and other build defining gear.[/QUOTE][/INDENT]
Suggestions #2 and #3 could work out, if you plan for them from the start. But #2 might be tricky, if you do not have that many variants, or if you have them, but they multiply the required work. I see issues with #3, if you do not get the mutator for your dual-class, that you want to have.

I think that is some really good ideas.

Unlocking skills sounds pretty cool but I think my favorite of the three ideas is to unlock transmuters for the skills based on the combination.

The dual mastery system is probably my favorite skill system in ARPGs.