Third Mastery Bar Idea

So I been having this idea floating around in my head and want to share it. I’m not sure if it has been suggested already since this is my first post and only skimmed the forums.

I was thinking a ‘third’ special mastery bar could be added in a future expansion pack or full sequel.

This mastery would be based off the previous two mysteries you choose for your character. This new mastery would tie in each combination of masteries closer together. This third specialization mastery would be unlock at a later level (50 maybe?) and would does not need to be as big as the current masteries, maybe only 15 or 25 points to fill the mastery bar.

The mastery can include new skill modifiers to the originally chosen mysteries. For example, a battlemage (soldier + arcanist) can add a new modifier to cadence to convert physical damge to aether or make the 3rd it cause some sort of aetherfire explosion instead.

The name of the new mysteries already exist, the example from before would have the third mastery be called Battlemage.

This would be a pretty big task to create all the new skills and modifiers, but I think it would make characters much more unique add add lots of customization for character building.

Has anyone else thought of this before and does anyone have any new skill ideas that would fit in a new specialization mastery.

I don’t feel like wasting additional points for stuff like that. I often need more points in my builds than the 244 (or something like that) we get and I have to take some points off other skills. It probably would be useless for some (if not most) builds.

I have like one or two builds where I don’t need as much points, on my trickster I have about 20 points to spend, which I wasted on a skill I use to proc Elemental Storm to increase my damage because why not. On other builds, I either need ~10 more points or just have one or two points to spend which I waste on other skills that don’t need to be added/upgraded, but feel good/okay to have. The third mastery would be a place we’d add only if we had many points to spend, as my Trickster has and we often (always?) waste all of our skillpoints.

This is being brought up occasionally…

Maybe you could do this in a different game, where each mastery has a smaller skill tree.

On the other hand we might already have something similar in place through item sets and other build defining gear.

This is by far the better method of going about it and praise Zantai that skill modifiers exist.

Compared to your example of locking Aether Cadence/Discord away to Battlemage, having it on an item means that other mastery combinations such as Death Knight, Tactician or Witchblade can make use of it expanding build variety rather than limiting it.