More skills for mouse 1

There are certain mastery and item skills that cannot be assigned to mouse 1 (your character moves to target range, uses the skill, and switches to basic weapon attack for the duration of the cooldown) that have no reason not to.
For example, Storm Box of Elgoloth, which is a really cool skill hampered by the fact that it cannot be bound to mouse 1. This is notable because it is a potential source of Aether damage for characters using melee or ranged basic attacks, especially after Lucius’ Blade-Arm was added in 1.1.70… It would also ease the life of players using Allagast’s Masterpiece.
The other example comes from item skills. I can’t understand why Obsidian Tremor cannot be assigned to mouse 1 when Forcewave with Tremor modifier can.

Ultimately, I cannot see why skills like Trozan’s Sky Shard or Devastation cannot not be assigned to mouse 1 when Blackwater Cocktail or Canister Bomb can, since one can still manually aim and cast them by stopping their character.

2 Likes

From a prior thread:

The general distinction is if a skill targets the ground or not. Also Crate has settled on that LMB must always allow movement.

Either Obsidian Tremor is an oversight, or it targets the ground. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, those reasons are inconsistent when it comes to storm box. That one is not ground targetable, yet it cannot be bound to LMB. Believe me, SBoE-builds are so much fun when used with LMB (makes targeting much easier). I do that via script.

As far as I know it’s also channeled skills that can’t go on the LMB either which is why skills like AAR and Eye of Reckoning can’t be put there.

How do you move around then?

I move with LMB. Whenever I hover over an enemy, I serve him SBoE automatically.
Very convenient with high casting speed.

Please allow SBoE on left mouse. SBoE is target bound not ground bound. There are too many skills that can’t be bound to left mouse and I hate it. I use only limited number of keys and on many of my builds no skill can be bound to left mouse. And I have to drop skills then.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.