Morgoneth build?

lots of fun options

dw reaper is the best imo, i am pushing 5m on it as a bad pilot
soulrend reaper (didnt try nightbringer myself)
i had a surprisingly fun time on trickster with 5x wind devil + 1h ss xD
tried spellbreaker for funsies, its okay but nothing special ofc

I know that @KoS9K are made an perfect reaper witn this set.
If he want (and if you ask him) - he share his build here

thanks for the explanation! gonna try it :slight_smile:

It works vice versa too. For example my vitality Ritualist was very good using this relic since I had virtually 100% elemental to vitality conversion.

But if you tried Soulrend build maybe it’s good idea to use Scourge relic. Scourge strike have big weapon damage and is third nuke along with Bone harvest and Shadow strike.

1 Like

Bloodrender + Morgoneth’s set. As I predicted - failed spectaculary. Horribad, as expected from melee Vitality.

So Soulrend Morgoneth reaper works really well. Its basically this build but with Morgo’s items instead and reallocating the points to max out SS and Nightfall. Alkamos’ rings makes the build smoother (total speed and pierce to cold) but Morgo’s rings are more flavorful (tentacle spam).

If I were to go the Vit caster route, I’d definitely use Nightbringer. Necro is the 1st mastery but what would be better to pair with it? Occultist or shaman? At a glance, occultist has more going for it with SoC, Pox and 50% converted DEE.

Imo it will be a dps loss compared to Uroboruuk’s Reaping. First thing is +1 necro. Getting those extra ultimate ranks is a lot of dps. And the proc, of course. 1200 dot. I can’t see how you pass on it as melee.

I dunno…for @nery’s DW ritualist, it was a massive DPS spike

I saw he used it. Did he try necro relic tho? +1 alone gives the final rank on the soul harvest - about half of deathchill flat. And you can use other free skills to hardcap dread - another huge decay source

He did in his first run. We both did.

i tried DW cold build, but it can be better.
used deathmarked claw + decapitator as a weapons, but it feels kinda slow…

I love Chillstrifes so will try it with the set and see how it performs. For auto attacker you need speed since gloves have none so you’re -15% or so from there.

About vitality DW melee, damage with Deathchill is good cause it boosts simultaneously Savagery+WPS skills WD.

This is what i would try
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvx7mzN

I recently started paying more attention to dots (cause i die facetanking 100%). Having huge dots is so much more forgiving to play.
You get a tad lower WD, yes, but extra 1900 decay for 3 secs should make up for it.

Edit: I just looked at +duration for decay on this build. With so much instant decay sources bosses like Grava would be dealt with “fire and forget” mode instead of facetanking it with huge dps losses. Try it. Or you, @Nery

i tried with chillwhisper but that was ultra slow… as far as i can see, chillstrife’s doesnt have Attack speed too :confused:

Chillstrifes usually outperforms legendary weapons with one rare affix. The BiS for speed is of Shattering. Alacrity is yellow suffix with attack speed.

1 Like

thanks, didnt know that.
i have assassins and spellbreakers ug. chillstrife of attack. are better 2 of same affix/prefix or different?

Can you tell me the attack speed you have? Right now am assembling Morgoneth/Chillstrifes Reaper. I have attack speed of 179%+Barbaros proc and Dying God which will boost it further.

As Chillstrifes your affixes are good but DW melee is very dependant on AS. So something like Chilled of Alacrity (double yellow) might outperform some double green combos without speed.

ApS is 3.04
AS is 1.54
stats are with deathmarked weapons

with chillstrife
ApS is 3.06
AS is 1.55

biggest improvement is that with chillstrife i managed to clear new dungeon without any problems!!!

morgue-reaper

You should not have any problems - Morgoneth it’s a very powerful set from Reaper.

I am bit puzzled why you don’t use shard of beronath for auto attack. The set works for Shadow strike and Bone harvest build but there you have Soulrend. Soulrend have CDR so it makes nukes more effective and also have higher weapon damage compartment.

Upcoming days will probably post my version and will tag you to see it.

1 Like