Morgoneth Winter King Shadow Strike Trickster feedback

Dot’s crit right? That’s what I think because people say Dual Wield is superior because you have a chance to Crit twice if you hit with two weapons at the same time when you Shadow Strike. Also you have 2 x chance for Murmur from what I undestand. That’s why

build is the strongest SS build in existence I think (and because it has near 100% Lightning to Cold conversion)
However the OP dude at least has about 30% more Cold RR than him (half from the weapon, half from more RR in Wind Devils in comparison to Aura of Censure)

And also ya1’s dude has even smaller cooldown 1.2s or even less if he has CDR so he has much higher chance for Criting with Shadow Strike.

Interesting to compare SS setups. I was just making one when my GD stash failed, so we may no how good is, but I’ve got feeling Spellbreaker might be on par with Infiltrator.

Fluff Breaker is monster before even Morgo set. He’s got interesting devotion approach - Leviathan, full Amatok and Sage nodes up until 200% frostburn node. So many ways to build your SS build, no right or wrong, except of course you are me and not noticing stuff, like NJE giving CDR to Shadow Strike :smile:

1 Like

Lot’s of hidden Frostburn in those Purple devotions

• 60% from Elemental Storm
  • 200% from Sage
  • 100% from Leviathan

combining it with flat Frostburn from Whirlpool might as well be the way to go.

However if you calculate non-DOT damage from SS nukes it seems to be on par with DOTS to me I may calculated it wrong though

When you’re tuning to peak performance, full glass, spellbreaker does indeed benefit greatly from spirit dumps. For crucible breaker has more potential to benefit from favorable mutators and spawns while infil is ultimately the safer pick for consistency. Having two RR mutators in the pool narrows the RR gap on Jesus runs, and the cdr mutator has always ever favored builds that are already toting more cdr. Once you’ve hit the point where SS oneshots things you can’t really oneshot harder, just do it more frequently or find ways to pad your passive AoE to better cover the downtime between SS.

Agreed. F-burn is king. Morgo is super hungry for points for that maxed Elemental Awakening. However…

Though I think Leviathan might have been a hit on Fluff’s breaker but imo is kinda crappedy with Morgo. With 60% lightning to cold Ultos got more frostburn on the proc, and more % frostburn in general. Flat doesn’t make up for no oa and shitty path. Imo you can’t have a decent T3 offensive devo with zero oa. And on SS oa and crit dmg is king because you can kill nemeses within a second if you’re lucky (thus the crazy Morgo results - average Morgo times are not that super spectacular). So I agree with @tqFan in this regard.

Yeah. But it’s just a bonus to the fact that two 1-hander hits are better than one 2-hander hit considered all the extra flat on the skill.

Thx for kind words but Plasmo actually broke his record on my build - if only by a little bit - on a version with double fantasy Lox blades. 4 optimized fantasy affixes and more cdr on SS are better than only 1 affix (I needed suboptimal Assassin’s for NJE hardcap) and those Chillheart shenanigans with Box. But it’s close.

2 Likes

wait whaaat? you got 2 x flat not-dot on DW SS? I didn’t even thought of that
Although I was gonna be faithful to Winter King I may change it because it’s too much and unfair
(you’d think ‘well at least 2-hander hits a little bit harder, right?’)
to Loxmere or maybe 2 x Mythical Crescent Moon for fun/to make it different

Yup. I’m not sure if it includes a double shot at flat DoTs from NJE, though, but Grim Internals DPS counter seems to suggest so. No double Nightfalls, though, sadly - that’s for sure…:wink:

EDIT: Wrong, I forgot to reset devotions in my test just now. Dual wielding does not give you a double roll for NJE’s DoTs.

EDIT2: Wrong again :joy: . It does. Dualwielding doubles the chance that NJE’s DoTs crit just like base node stats.

1 Like

Crescent moon has been potato for SS ever since the debut of AoM. The RR proc is single target and too infrequent to be reliable for anything outside of campaign farming. Vs daggers you’re losing upwards of 200% cold and frostburn per hand on top of base attack speed which will impair Morg builds that already don’t get much AS

Yeah, I’ve noticed the decrease in %Damage.
They should be buffed and the level increased to 94 I think.
Didn’t think the proc sucks, it’s unfortunate.

The % damage will not increase any noteworthy amount without them first being changed to daggers. But that’s not going to happen since they’re working fine for supporting the builds they were targeted at.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve changed the setup to two whatever Loxmers (one with magic affix +2 Shadow Strike) because I couldn’t resist the advantage DW SS has over 2H SS which has become more and more apparent to me while I was reading this thread.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXj3a8V

Moving around with 1.1s cool-down SS is going to be very fun but what’s most important is that
there are 3 times more illusions for 1handers than there are for 2handers

Thank you for all the time you put into this thread. I learnt a lot.

[edit] I should probably put 1p into Execution because it doesn’t sucks as much as others “% chance to be used” skills.

1 Like

Hmm… so you can actually have 2 x Chilling Weapons from two Coldstones.
It’s very counter-intuitive.

Yes. You can do the same for any of the components giving buffs/auras. 2x Vicious Spikes for example for pierce damage.

1 Like

You are past the theocrafting part and actually played this build, right?
Because I did as well (a twist of your last version) and I was starving on mana - had to change boots to stoneys of insight. Did the trick. Was however dependent on 2x fantasy Loxmeres in order to hardcap all 3 nodes of SS.
You got no mana issues…?

2 Likes

Btw do you feel the difference in energy regen between trickster and infiltrator? What makes that difference? Easy to solve most probably but I’m just curious. The infiltrators don’t seem to starve in the videos.

jeah, actually forgot about telling: I did play an infiltrator - and starved without insight. Dunno if it could be different as trickster…

At first I though maybe it’s

but in this video it’s not used https://youtu.be/2ZwEKtBG5Qw
Do you have the Seal of Annihilation?

90% sure, yes

I’m changing the devotion setup to yours -Kraken -Frog + Lantern +Scythe.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRkpgBN
Mostly because I’d like those Elemental Storms and Whirlpools flying around.
I think I complained about less OA but you actually get so much DA from this setup that you can easily convert it to OA by dumping Physique if you want to (I think you reach the same numbers as with Spider, Raven and Ulzuin and DA is the same then).
Last but not least, Scythe may not be optimal dmg wise but I’m taking it for QoL. I’ve always wanted to use it but didn’t have a place for it.

@klasperstanze You could use it too if you’re starving since Scythe has +5 Energy/s, 30% more energy regen, 5% Energy and 200 Energy. I also use Scythe for MS but Infiltrator doesn’t have the need for it.

1 Like

I can’t see your setup from phone but wasn’t your build 2H?

You need Kraken and Lantern doesn’t work too.

You can see Morgo record breaking setup for DW Infiltrator for ideas.