Move Gold ore from remote location

brilliant. will try that immediately :slight_smile: thanks a lot

Of course, this means that you must have enough wagons to deal with all your mines/work-camps. Because those are slow to move …

1 Like

Hmm, never actually had that problem. But I always buy up all raw materials, including tallow, if a trader offers them for a reasonable price. For my last town, I think I had 12 hunters on a fertile map and 5 full barns, since I got to about 350 villagers, I think. Guess it’s no wonder I didn’t run out of tallow ever… :sweat_smile:

Are you selling soap? If so, you could switch to other products like planks or later heavy tools.
Other than that, all you can do is get more barns. Maybe some hunting outposts (I go for a market, 2 hunters for one deer spot, maybe a gatherer or fisher if it’s a fitting location and usually a shelter and work camp), though it can be bothersome to get the resources back to town.

I don’t think buying tallow from traders is a bad idea at all. I’d do it at every opportunity (as long as it’s not going to spoil because you got more than needed, of course).

1 Like

thanks again for the info and tips. I’m definitely gonna put up a few more barns. that seems to be easiest solution (and it would also take care of more pelts, meat and milk/cheese). I don’t sell soap cos I know from previous playthroughs that soap can be an issue if you sell it off too soon. and i’m definitely gonna keep buying tallow for now. it doesn’t go off (as far as i know) (or at least not quickly). :slight_smile:

I still think it’s a little strange that we can’t see how much beer was consumed last year :thinking:

I just got decimated by a double Raid. I lost 153 villagers! :sleepy: This game is brutal. They smashed through my stone wall. I’m gonna have to put up more towers along the walls me thinks! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thoughts and prayers, that’s a real massacre. I don’t think I’ve ever lost more than a dozen tops in a raid… that must have been horrible to watch.

2 Likes

I lost 199 people in one raid, but the raiders stole nothing of value. I sent my townspeople out to battle them by hand after the raiders killed all of my soldiers. I knew it would be brutal, but so wouldn’t letting the raiders have free will in the town. This was an unwalled town with lots of guard towers. emphasis on was.

3 Likes

it was. and once they breached the far end of the stone wall, I kinda knew it was gonna end bad. but i’m slowly rebuilding and re-populating…but it’s so difficult to prioritize now as to what to stop production of, and what to keep going…but i’ll get there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, i sent my villagers into the fight just to keep the raiders from looting…and they didn’t get anything in the end…just a lot of destruction and a full cemetery :neutral_face:

qq about stone walls near mountains: i used the flattening tool to get like a really steep side, to build a stone wall against, and down to the lake. but raiders can still kinda sneak in between the wall and the mountain. is there a way around this?

Strangest thing is the raiders ability to get into the smallest spaces. You may want to sheer that mountain into a 90 degree artificial wall and then build your town wall into it. Can’t positively say it’ll work, but it’s an option.

thing is, no matter what angle you build it at, the wall will never butt up to the mountain. i’ll give it a proper go though. thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

btw, folks, this is the most addictive game i’ve ever played…and thanks for all your replies with info and tips :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think tallow lasts for 5 years, so maybe if you’re accumulating a couple of thousands… you might want to stop. :smiley:

2 Likes

the fact that we’re not able to “toggle production” on fishing shacks, is that done on purpose or is something that needs a fix? sometimes I don’t need fish and I go into my villager profession page and put fishermen to 0 and when i come back the next day, they are back out there fishing!!! :joy:

Any change to employee status via the professions area is reset when you exit and then come back to the game. Doesn’t matter the profession it seems, except soldiers.

1 Like

yeah, that’s what I’ve noticed too. do you think that’s a bug or is that just the way they meant to do it?

If I understood correctly … sounds like a bug to me.
Doesn’t save the state of professions completely in save files (or something like that).

1 Like

does anyone know what farmers do in winter? do i need to reassign them? is it even worth it, since they might not even get to their new job by the time spring comes? :slight_smile: