Move Gold ore from remote location

Hi everyone,

is there a way to move gold ore from a stockyard in a remote location to one in the town? (i’d like to be able to protect it from raiders).

thanks

Felix

Not easy. Probably easier to defend it from raiders if you can. Otherwise you’re relying on your wagons to move it and there’s no guarantee they will.

You could keep your starting ox cart near the mines, but I wouldn’t trust it getting back to safety in time.

You can unallow accepting gold in your remote stockyards, forcing the transport carts to bring the gold ore to the only accepting yards in safety. But I see no way of getting the already stored gold ore from one stockyard to the other.

Only way would be to untick gold in the remote storage and hope the wagoneers will eventually move it elsewhere. But no way to command them to do so.

thanks for the replies. good suggestions. I think i might try to get the ore to the Trading building and then out again…but this is something that should be easier than this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I absolutely forgot about that, even though I use that constantly! :see_no_evil:

Yeah, absolutely use the trading post. I use it to gather all far away resources, at least until those get way past 500 each. Wish you could hire more people, but I guess that’s only because there is no other such manual (-ish) logistics system in the game yet.

2 Likes

yeah, agree. I really hope they are working on a way for us to manually choose to transport products :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK… so my work around for this. I move the storage facility… :wink: mucho quicker.

3 Likes

100%, instantly teleport 4000 ore from next to your mine to next to your smelter, it’s pretty broken. If you don’t mind a bit of micro you can set two up and just swap relocate them when either one is full or empty.

4 Likes

They can fix this “broken” feature when they fix the issues everyone is having with storage control. Right now it’s the only thing that works in our favor.

2 Likes

for some reason I can’t start a new topic so I’ll ask my (new) question here. have you guys had any trouble with barrels. I’m producing them in the cooper and I have unchecked them everywhere except my cellars, but they are still being installed in my storehouses and marketplaces…why? and how do i stop this?
Thanks

Probably made so the barrels first go into buildings where food spoils the fastest. Which makes sense. Out of curiosity why is this a problem? Why do you want to extend food duration where food already lasts the longest?

1 Like

to be honest i never thought of it that way. i just thought to improve the best places to store food in first. and then let the other places get done after. at the moment ALL my food is stored in cellars…so it made sense to me to improve the cellars first :slight_smile: but you have a point. in the end, all storage places have to get barrels anyway so it’s not a big deal :wink: thanks for putting my mind at ease lol

Unchecking barrels only stops EXTRA barrels from being stored there. It has nothing to do with the usage of barrels in warehouses, root cellars, etc.

3 Likes

It would be cool tho if we could lock the barrel slots with a click so we could force the game to first stock all root cellars with barrels and then untick the lock when we have enough to outfit markets and store houses.

3 Likes

that’s what i thought would happen :slight_smile: but alas :sob: lol

This assumes all storages are used equally both by the workers storing the food and the people stocking their homes. You might have it set up so that all your food ends up in brick cellars, but the barrels go to your storehouses filled with stuff that doesn’t spoil. Or you have your store houses closer to the shelters, with everyone eating the food stored there first - and thus need the longer shelf life not in those store houses, but the cellars further away.

And of course the game doesn’t tell you what bonus to spoilage rate a cellar gives. If the bonus is multiplicative, as in your carrots go from 12 to 18 months thanks to the brick cellar and then up to 27 months with full barrels, the barrels have a larger effect there than in a store house. If it’s additive it doesn’t matter. But the player is sadly left in the dark about this for no apparent reason. Of course if your food is stored equally everywhere and consumed equally fast from every storage, you’d still want to increase the shelf life in the store houses first anyways. But as mentioned above, that’s not necessarily the case.

Now if you’re producing more food every year than your population consumes every year, increasing the time it takes your food to spoil above 12 months becomes completely irrelevant anyhow. Unless your production suddenly takes a dive one year, your longer lasting food will still eventually spoil, or else be eaten while fresh food gets put aside until it spoils instead. In my experience, the fluctuations from year to year aren’t big enough, and producing a large surplus of food is way too easy, for barrels to matter at all, ever.

1 Like

yeah, some good points there. and a little more in-game info would indeed be nice :slight_smile:

I find i’m always low on tallow, despite having 3 full barns and 5 hunters…I always have to buy from traders to make due. any suggestions? :slight_smile:

You can move your stockyard in town next to your foundry … wagons are supposed to bring gold ore from mines directly to the stockyard, no need to put them close to the mine.

2 Likes