Multiplayer crashing ALL the time!

Does anyone care about this? Does Crate care about this? Does anyone care that this happens all the time and RUINS a great game? We paid for this game and do we deserve to be rebooting after 5 minutes of multiplayer, if we are lucky? Does Crate care that people are not going to buy their next game because this one issue has ruined their game?

Can I get a response please? Any sort of response?

And do NOT ask me to post dxdiag etc. because you all know what I am talking about!

Yea, they really have to re do their multiplayer server system. I can’t even join multiplayer after the recent patch now. I even uninstalled grim internals because maybe since they are adding the auto components, the disabled cloud savings were affecting it. I’ve been crashing a lot of single player too when I enter or load while on alt+tab. I really hope they do something about multiplayer. Something i see is that people are feeling gloomy from playing this game, they all come to multiplayer to fill up their loneliness they get from playing hahaha. I’m not gonna play grim dawn till they solve multiplayer and their server. I’m a 900 hour player, and they just lost one of the valuable long term player.

I got some response from Zantai on discord funny enough.

Understandably the following is needed:

• where the issue occurs
  • how it occurs, how often
  • did you try the standard user-end fixes
  • did you try without any mods
  • did you submit crash reports (if this does not pop up, then run it in windowed mode or fullscreen windowed)

Will post later with more info.

There is a post in the bugs forum regarding this.

I’ve been more stable in windowed mode funny enough, and at least the process can be killed now.

Guy I played with today crashed in SR 75 in full screen mode. He said he would post about it.

Had some freezes yesterday in windowed mode. Two in SR 75 and one in the FG starting area. I submitted the crash reports and have them saved if needed. There were lots of long lags with people joining and leaving MP (multiplayer). I don’t know what are “standard user-end fixes” and then only mod I use is Grim Internals, if that is even defined as a mod.

if anything it is worse than a mod as it has to hook into the GD code while a mod is mostly data… there seem to be many people with GI and MP issues recently from what I read, try running vanilla GD and see if you still crash as (at least to me) it is unclear if the issue is with GI or with GD

Be careful. I posted about this a while ago on a different forum and had to endure several pages of flames and how the problem most definitely was my computer and not the game, even though I mentioned it happened on different computers and for my friends as well.

Given that you posted some 3.5 weeks after the last post, this clearly did not happen here…