My d4 experience

ofc i didnt buy that shit lol. BUT! i did spend some time for the last 2-3 months on d2jsp, telling people “dont buy d4 its gonna be trash” before it was out, and “i told you, lol, lmao even” to those who bought it once it was out. and you know what i got? zero acknowledgement and 40% warn :neutral_face: due to reasons including but not limited to spam, trolling, flaming, inappropriate content, and making multiple accounts

now im not the one that cares about being acknowledged by a bunch of midwit consoomers. but something else bugs me a lot: why is there so many consoomers in the first place? d4 section had like 300-400 active users who were talking shit and saying stuff like “d4 will be the best game ever, look at these ign and streamer reviews!”, and once it turned out d4 was a steaming pile of shit, probably about 80~90% of them simply vanished. they didnt come to say sorry, they didnt come to admit the game was bad, nope. they just disappeared, ready to consoom the next product. now this is a problem. “gamers” now (under heavy quotation) arent attracted to quality, they are attracted to hype generated by their favorite streamers :unamused:

and even worse, even once those same streamers were proven completely wrong LESS THAN A MONTH later, they simply started shitting on the game and their viewers cheered them even more. not one of them said stuff like “fuck you asmongold, you hyped this trash, you dont get to shit on it now”. nope. those same viewers now respected those streamers even more :roll_eyes: the same happened with covid vaccines, those who said “its dangerous and doesnt work” were shit on, while those who were like “all take it pls, is safe and effective” and only after being overwhelmed by the information proudly exclaimed “wow lol this is actually dangerous and doesnt work”, THOSE are the ones who got praise…

is this information control or cult of personality or something? cause the attention span of people today is low af and they cant remember things from a month ago. make it make sense pls

1 Like

Excuse me, but what does d4 have to do with the grim dawn forum?

I can understand your sentiment towards D4 in general,
and I understand that you might consider Grim Dawn a game in a similar genre to d4 so it might be appropriate to post about D4 here,
but I think that the content of your post isn’t really related to Grim Dawn.
It might be more appropriate to revise your content into something more related like
“My take on Grim Dawn and D4” or something similar

well arent you two party poopers :unamused:

im posting in a grim dawn forum because similar people play similar games and i hoped to get opinions of similar people. and this is the most non grimawnish part of the grim dawn forum anyways, where else am i supposed to post it, modding section? :unamused: if theres the offtopic section somewhere let me know, and if there isnt…well there should be one!

My guess is that people like when things are happening, to be entertained, join the masses and mindlessly follow them. Using logic, drawing own conclusions, going against the tide is simply not as easy or enjoyable.

Similar ppl play similar games, but everyone got his/her own opinions. I don’t play GD because I dislike other games. I just like GD the most of all aRPGs.

The title of this topic says “my d4 experience” and what actually is your experience? And what does it all have to do with corona vaccines? Your post is not even a good game critic. You are just telling us that you don’t like D4 and how you get upset with other ppl.

zero acknowledgement and 40% warn :neutral_face: due to reasons including but not limited to spam, trolling, flaming, inappropriate content, and making multiple accounts

How do they come up with that?

Yes, there is and I’ve moved your thread to it.

I think it’s just the way the gaming community mainly is. As you said when they find out the game isn’t what they expected/wanted they move on to something else, simple as that.

And like it or not, the Diablo series is still one of the best loved and most famous of all the ARPG games out there, of course there are going to be a lot of people talking about it.

As for covid, the vaccines do work and have helped protect the majority of people who’ve been vaccinated.

1 Like

covid vaccines are like cutting your hand off because you have carpal tunnel. unless you are old, they are more dangerous than the virus. im actually in medical field, ive seen things :zipper_mouth_face:

Similar ppl play similar games, but everyone got his/her own opinions. I don’t play GD because I dislike other games. I just like GD the most of all aRPGs.

and opinions of similar people correlate to a higher degree than between general population, hence asking the question on this forum. if you are in a wrestling club, you are more likely to talk shit about aikido than general population

How do they come up with that?

umm well! unless you do something that nets you an instant ban (usually selling the forum currency for irl money), when you accumulate enough offenses you get 10% warn. for example i posted a lot of d4 memes which were reported because feelings were hurt, and i did that a looot of times…so i accumulated 40% heh

My guess is that people like when things are happening, to be entertained, join the masses and mindlessly follow them. Using logic, drawing own conclusions, going against the tide is simply not as easy or enjoyable.

i think so too! but that means things are going in the very wrong way :frowning:

blizzard will eventually fix d4 up to the standards of top tier arpg looters. after a few years of patches and getting in touch with reality and its fan communities rather than buying another yacht for their ceos.

as for hyprocritical streamers and their fans, i don’t really care about them since people can rapidly change their hearts so quickly in this age of information/misinformation. but i can see why their hypocrisy upsets you. i’ve had similar experience many years ago when i was still moba dota 2 player, where i remember many matches where some allies praise me for some stuff i do and then immediately ragingly blame me for the slightest mistakes… ironically, in most matches i’ve played, the enemies are generally more civil, polite and quite in contrast with the random public allies i’ve got as teammates. that’s why i left moba genre many years ago because i’m sick of allies backstabbing and playing the blame game most of the time rather than focus on making the games enjoyable for everyone.

though i still play some coop and competitive multiplayer games here and there on pc and mobile… but only with games where you don’t have to chat at all and just press buttons to send and receive aid+rewards to/from allies when playing multi:D

The Law of Fan Jackassery
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLawOfFanJackassery