Mythical Adversary and other weapons/gear ruining Grenado or Physical builds

I use a Commando who utilizes Grenado frequently, with a huge focus in Physical and Internal Trauma damage types. I was looking at using 2 handed ranged weapons but noticed the one that suits my playstyle most for my Commando absolutely ruins the Grenado skill by converting its Physical damage to Fire Damage. I’m hoping there is an option at some point to remove the conversion because it, and a lot of other gear such as weapons, completely ruin some builds.

4 Likes

I just want to give my +1 to this. We have 4 rifles + an amulet that convert physical to fire damage for Grenado. That’s a bit overkill. I think Mythical Adversary and Flamewarder Rifle are the best opportunities to remove the Fire conversion, as anyone who wants the fire conversion can simply pick up the amulet; that way, the physical damage on the weapons aren’t completely wasted.

1 Like

i have to ask: do you want to use ranged 2h for style purposes? grenado doesn’t have weapon% dmg on it, as far as i’m aware, so it’s likely better to use 1h and off-hand if you want to focus on it.
PS: i do agree there’s a lack of items for physical demolitionists

Mythical Adversary gives Grenado 100% weapon damage though.

I do always found it odd that the base version seems to not be biased towards either physical or fire, but the mythical version just goes for fire (even though it gives % cunning which doesn’t boost fire damage). I think removing that conversion would be great.

For Adversary, I was always saying to give it 100% cdr to grenado so we could have a grenade launcher in GD! :scorv:

6 Likes

5 Likes

If it doesn’t have a custom animation of actually firing it like a grenade launcher, it goes in the :put_litter_in_its_place:

1 Like

I think that you’re onto something big here!

EDIT: Replied to wrong post

Don’t see it mentioned in either the patch notes for 1.1.9.5 or 1.1.9.6, but Grenado lost the physical to fire conversion on Mythical Adversary.

6 Likes

pog

/Xchars

Alright! Next step - make it a rapid fire grenade launcher! :smiling_imp:

Holy cow that is going to make one hell of a Commando build now. Thanks for showing this!