Mythical Pack of Treacherous Means changes

Elemental to pierce is still in place so dual wield Oathbearer is not required. Acid to pierce has changed to vitality to acid conversion. Everything except the armor bonus has been stripped off the passive while the flat acid on the belt appears to have been increased, so Oathbearer with this belt can still convert 100% but lost ~30 flat damage before calculating skill bonus changes.

1 Like

I guess I’ve underestimated what manner of builds the previous iteration of this belt enabled, so we’ll be splitting off the current direction and the old into separate items.

6 Likes

:grava_yes::zantai::grava_yes:

Dead builds vs. Developers : 1 - 84

Thank you for the screens guys :+1:

I’ve decided that there’s enough database corrections we want to include in a hotfix that we’ll just do a full database update, which means some stuff slated for v1.1.4.0 later this year will instead go in the hotfix.

For reference, this is what the belt changes will look like:

Say hello to the Pack of Treacherous Memes Pack of Deadly Means

3 Likes

Deadly Means belt is getting nerfed to the ground. :scorv:

And it just lost the % armor from the DW passive. The thing is getting nerfed before our very eyes.

So why does Mythical Pack of Deadly Means need Oathkeeper +1 skills?!!!

I’d think that Occultist would be the choice there, or even Necro. This just to flog FG’s new class? Reminds me of when AoM made most everything Inquisitor-centric…

And sadly, with acid resist on it, too… :roll_eyes:

Occultist has four legendary belts with +1 to it, five if you want to count epics. Oathkeeper has three legendary belts and no epic belt.

1 Like

That may be, but OK has no vit to transmute. So this makes no sense to me. Unless you use the Guardian node and convert that. Guardians already being :roll_eyes:

(fire_acid and vice versa, yes)

You can still use Occultist? It supports DEE and that has vit to be converted to acid. This belt seems like a fantastic addition to DEE Sentinel.

It feels of pushing Ok down your throat for this conversion idea.

New belt? New belt.

Neat. :+1:

Pushing down your throat maybe, not to me and many others. It’s really funny people clamoring for more item support, you get the item support and then complain that is “pushing down your throat”.

The conversion support is general. The +1 OK skills is pushing an already strong class on a concept.

As far as Occult belts go, there really is one non-chaos/non-pet belt that is generally used. No conversion on it. Necro has a similar situation and often has to use the occultist belt simply for the OA.

Or, you are meant to use DEE Sentinel with it because it gives +1 to one of the masteries and +3 to a skill in the other mastery.

Also, a belt giving +1 skills to a mastery doesn’t mean that belt should only give appropriate support for the mastery only. The whole point of the game is to combine masteries. Make DW Acid Sentinel and convert the vit in Second Rite to acid. Also convert the vit in DEE to acid if you are doing a DEE build.

Crimson Lotus has acid to fire and Oathkeeper has only acid in transmuters, with one of them being unable to be converted.

If doing DEE build, you want the +1 skills on the Occult side for DEE to max the skill. So that makes even less sense. DEE is a skill-hog.

What is this debate even about…this is taking the old belt and the current belt and making them separate things…

1 Like

+1 to OK on the new belt. Makes no sense, nor does the acid resist. So it is relevant to the separation of the belts. But whatever.

Thanks for sharing, move along.

1 Like