Grim Dawn Version 1.1.3.0

I agree… But I will say it was fun to toy around with at times :grin:

im excited to try out the new stormserpent set :smiley:

Loot-Filter-update-to-be-more-flexible-with-MI’s-and-Double-Rares waiting room :crazy_face:

The Blackwater Cocktail and Storm Totem effects look so much better now, thanks for those. The vfx changes really improve how it feels to play the game.

anyone cares to explain? I was using this belt on my blademaster since the ele to pierce and acid to pierce were perfect with lethal assault… now it gives ele to pierce and VIT to acid, plus +1 to oathkeeper skills… and a VERY VERY WEIRD +8% armor that requires and enables melee and ranged dual wielding… wtf?
was it too strong? I saw nobody using it since it gave no +skills…

it seems the acid to pierce conversion shifted to spellbreaker waistguard (which gives flat cold damage…?), who already has +1 nightblade skills, still I’m going to miss that huge 60% ele to pierce expecially since it reached almost 100% with a ring…

Old Treacherous means is returning and a new belt for acid OK is being made from that one.

Hello to everyone, love this game :smiley: new to the forum…
Could someone please explain the “Additional Totally Normal objects have been discovered in the world of Cairn.” part of the update? Is this a typo? a joke? or a hint to something new we need to find?

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, it’s four more Totally Normal items akin to the Totally Normal Shield that Forgotten Gods introduced. And yes, the Totally Normal thing is intentional.

and more secret items here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rltY_sXpeo8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsM6VUK82qw

Thanks for the explanation :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info! :smiley:

+Dmg to Humans was a flavour of the Set - you know “Deathmarked”. I happen to enjoy things like that, it gives more personallity to items instead just plain numbers.
Also DM Cold Infiktrator was nerfed in the last 3-4 patches consistently not only via items nerfs but also devotions and masteries (this patch yet another -5% Cold res loss - combine with the mageslayer amulet RR nerf and the Aura of Censure nerf the DM set bonus skill RR - it adds up).

Leaving DM aside - what i really find deteoriating for the game and community (based on my own connections with people who love GD and experience and not saying my view is the right one mind you) is what others mentioned above - the philosophy to have 1 item for 1 specific build and you are punished asap if you dare to make an original and powerful combo of items outside this pigeonholing approach.
Like the Acid to Pierce convo on a Spellbreaker belt…

But it is just plain numbers, it gives an effective 20% total damage against a specific enemy type. It was also completely out of place. Cold set good at killing humans? I expect that from a bleed or pierce (the pierce in Deathmarked might as well not exist) set, not a cold set.

It was honestly a mistake to even add that from the start when the mastery itself already has % damage to humans. In my opinion, damage against a specific enemy type should only be added to sets that struggle with that enemy type like Demonslayer and Rah’Zin for Chthonians, or in items like aether items and aetherials. Adding damage against a specific enemy type that doesn’t even resist your damage type is honestly just asking to be nerfed.

Apparently it didn’t add up enough to not be too good, hence the nerfs it got in this patch.

Hi @ all,

first off let me say that i love this Game and a lot of thanks to Crate for this new Update.

I really appreciate it that the Game is keeping alive even after Forgotten Gods was released.

For the actual Update i think it is in general really good and will help a lot of Builds!

Also the FX Updates are pretty cool!

But I am some kind of Casual Player because i don’t have that much time to play thousands and thousands of hours and i choosed a Vindicator for my one and only Build.

i also can understand that the Game has to be constantly balanced by the developers and i am also okay with the nerfs from this and the last Update, because on the other Side there were some nice buffs too.

But please consider Players like me more for the next update and do not nerf Vindicators/Shamans anymore @ :zantai:

I think they are in a good shape now as they are.

Thank you for reading this Post.

I don’t know what’s your Vindicator,but Shaman offers you a lot of offensive skills to build around.

Thunderous Strike melee or ranged,Storm Totems,Savagery and Inquisitor is excellent support class.So I hope,you will still enjoy your build!

Thank you so much for updating ABB’s FX, this makes it a looooooot easier to see whether the skill is used or not, and free me from smashing the key bound to ABB like 10 times and checking the skill bar CD every 3~4 seconds, which was the part I hate most when playing a nightblade.

Also the invisible shoulder illusion is superb, I’ve decided to apply it to all of my characters! (4 in total)

But then they’d have to nerf the endgame sets instead and then people would complain that theie sets don’t do much compared to other sets or something. or that vindicator is easy mode.

It wasn’t last year and it never got any better.

I remember on stream Zantai said aether would pierce enemies. Patch says nothing about it, can someone explain?

You mean Aether Ray? It has had the piercing capability for a few updates now.

Makes a thread about lack of energy regen for Physical/Soldier builds and gets told to use augments to get it

Crate: - “Faction Augment - Hammerfall Powder: added 10 Pierce damage, removed Energy Regen”

• “Faction Augment - Steelbloom Powder: added 10 Physical damage and 2% Offensive Ability, removed Energy Regen and Health”

giphy%20(5)

Love all the other changes though, much needed adjustment to Abomination too! Also really looking forward to the new sets!!

When are we getting them added to Grim Tools?? Wanna theorycraft so bad!