Mythical Pack of Treacherous Means changes

So why does Mythical Pack of Deadly Means need Oathkeeper +1 skills?!!!

I’d think that Occultist would be the choice there, or even Necro. This just to flog FG’s new class? Reminds me of when AoM made most everything Inquisitor-centric…

And sadly, with acid resist on it, too… :roll_eyes:

Occultist has four legendary belts with +1 to it, five if you want to count epics. Oathkeeper has three legendary belts and no epic belt.

1 Like

That may be, but OK has no vit to transmute. So this makes no sense to me. Unless you use the Guardian node and convert that. Guardians already being :roll_eyes:

(fire_acid and vice versa, yes)

You can still use Occultist? It supports DEE and that has vit to be converted to acid. This belt seems like a fantastic addition to DEE Sentinel.

It feels of pushing Ok down your throat for this conversion idea.

New belt? New belt.

Neat. :+1:

Pushing down your throat maybe, not to me and many others. It’s really funny people clamoring for more item support, you get the item support and then complain that is “pushing down your throat”.

The conversion support is general. The +1 OK skills is pushing an already strong class on a concept.

As far as Occult belts go, there really is one non-chaos/non-pet belt that is generally used. No conversion on it. Necro has a similar situation and often has to use the occultist belt simply for the OA.

Or, you are meant to use DEE Sentinel with it because it gives +1 to one of the masteries and +3 to a skill in the other mastery.

Also, a belt giving +1 skills to a mastery doesn’t mean that belt should only give appropriate support for the mastery only. The whole point of the game is to combine masteries. Make DW Acid Sentinel and convert the vit in Second Rite to acid. Also convert the vit in DEE to acid if you are doing a DEE build.

Crimson Lotus has acid to fire and Oathkeeper has only acid in transmuters, with one of them being unable to be converted.

If doing DEE build, you want the +1 skills on the Occult side for DEE to max the skill. So that makes even less sense. DEE is a skill-hog.

What is this debate even about…this is taking the old belt and the current belt and making them separate things…

1 Like

+1 to OK on the new belt. Makes no sense, nor does the acid resist. So it is relevant to the separation of the belts. But whatever.

Thanks for sharing, move along.

1 Like

Alright. That new acid belt for oathkeeper is amazing. I am gonna use that for my Dervish for sure.

This is the first time I’m seeing it and the belt looks good. It just has little to do pierce anymore. Should work okay with Meditation for dervishes and sentinels. Who doesn’t like big flat and big oa sprinkled with free armor.

Skill bonuses are all wrong, though. If it’s supposed to be for pierce inquisitors then it would do better supporting skills that actually contribute elemental dmg to convert (like Arcane Empowerment). If it’s supposed to help acid nightblades then NHH, Merciless, etc.; NJE already got bonuses on everything and while it’s not bad as an extra little DoT source it’s non-essential. No +1 to nightblade means ranks are needed in essential skills, and desperately. As for occultist, I don’t know. Solid mods to DEE are needed. Weapon dmg mods to use all that flat. Or buff the skill already. Why hasn’t this happened in so many patches? Everyone knows the skill is dead, and the new Treacherous Means won’t change that. Nor will adjusting and readjusting bits of phys res and %dmg at 19th rank of AotG which is all that happened for acid in occultist mastery this patch.

Last thing, acid res… it’s totally redundant. Acid oathkeepers will use Pestilence of Dreeg and Meditation. Another acid belt with no res.

Acid res is needed for any other acid build that don’t include occultist. In fact, it’s rather hard to have a good overcap of acid res in Dervish or blademaster.

EDIT: Fix the quote thanks to powbam. Damn this new forum is so complicated. :confused:

1 Like

Just a lil FYI - full quotes won’t show up proper if you don’t line break the start of quote to under the [quote] tag, like so:

[quote="ya1, post:36, topic:82998, full:true"]
Last thing, acid res... it’s totally redundant. Acid oathkeepers will use Pestilence of Dreeg and Meditation. Another acid belt with no res.
[/quote]

Belt looks OP :ok_hand:

Belt - the Dealdly version - is awesome. Especially for sentinels. I apologize to Z for overreacting with my initial feedback.

However, some of it stands for dervish. Building an acid dervish without either many +1 to nightblade or certain greens that give many bonuses to essential ranks is very hard. I would insist on replacing +3 to NJE with Merciless Repertoire or NHH on Deadly Means. And adding something of more essence for pierce nightblades to Treacherous Means instead of Merciless Repertoire.

The new belt has awesome stats and people will get their old belt back. Everyone should be happy now and actually test the Item ingame first.

1 Like