Mythical Pestilence of Dreeg

The thread is about this amulet as the tittle says.
I played some diff setups with my Venomblade after the patch to find a way to compensate DPS loss.
Tried this amulet. The results are pretty the same as legendary Eye of Beronath (may be sliiiightly better, but the difference is so negligible that it’s more like rng). I think it’s because this RR skill is a bit clunky and +1 to NB is a crucial on every NB build.

Here are my thoughts.

The amulet is supposed to support a lot of builds according to RR.
However:

• No physical build uses it because of the conversion and lack of skill point to “physical” masteries.

• Very few vit builds can take it. Rotgheist, Blightlord and Radaggan have its own amulet. The rest builds contains Shaman/Necro. Moreover it’s often a bit inconvenient to use another one button on vit casters who already has a lot of skills in rotation.

• Dunefiend, Deathguard and Venom need to invest full 50 skillpoints in both mastery tree. So +1 to NB is a crucial almost on every NB build.

• I don’t play chaos builds much, but they have Rah’Zin and Darkblaze slots. And phys-to-acid conversion doesn’t help chaos

Except vit Phantasmal Blades there are no acid&vit record breakers. So the main idea is to make it pure acid and vit amulet. Please tell whether we should add chaos support.

• Make an active skill an aura with reduced value (prob 8%). Or leave it 10% as the passive skill.
  • Remove bonuses to Occ, OK and Repertoire, remove the conversion. Add +1 to all skills to support all the masteries that can benefit from this amulet - Acid (Occ, Oathkeeper, Nightblade and even Necro for Deathguard) and Vit (Occ, Sham, Necro, Oathkeeper)
  • Evey buff needs smth to nerf in return - remove resist and crit damage bonuses.

What are you thoughts on it?

3 Likes

It is realy need to do something with this amulet
At the last year I’m remebmer only 1-2 builds who use it

Where do you get the blueprint?

nice necro. It is a random drop blueprint.