Necro + ? for 2h BH focused BK set

Finally got the blood knight hat recipe to drop, so I’m looking to make a BK build and wondering what pairing people like. I’m focusing on 2h bone harvest because I like the skill, probably with just AA support but I could try a multi cooldown build instead.

I’m just going to lay out my thoughts from the bit of poking around I’ve done with builds for DK, Oppressor, and Ritualist. I’ll welcome comments on any of the builds as well. None of them are super refined. Greens are based on what I have, not ideal rolls.

Soldier
Pros: DA, armor, can use counter strike part of the set
Cons: res reduction, no good skill supporting vit 2h legendary

Oppressor
Pros: No button press res down, mediation relic, ascension for CC res and damage absorb nightbringer with +skills
Cons: Lower armor and DA, don’t think I can get good ascension uptime

Ritualist
Pros: Res down, wendigo totem, phys res, AA damage and speed
Cons: Armor and DA, not sure how annoying keeping devouring swarm up will be

I’m leaning ritualist because I think the extra damage and sustain (and sustain from more damage) will outweigh the armor and DA from soldier.

Also from anyone who has played a similar build, how strong is the sustain? I was considering dropping ghoul, bat, and tower to try and pick up the bottom of obelisk for armor, and I think a little OA and DA too if I remember the path, but not sure if that is tenable.

i played a bloodknight from mad lee its a deathknight and its not easy to build and critical that you build it exactly like the guide, you need a lot of attackspeed so that you have a lot of sustain in between bone harvest. But its really strong, very high life steal so big returns but you kinda have to find your way with it to pilot it. I’d say nowadays just get rune of displacement for sticky situations.

can I suggest Iceskorn gloves if you are going to use the halberd to reset Bone Harvest CD

I had kinda forgotten about those gloves while bouncing back and forth between the handful of vitality gloves, but probably a good idea. Also gives AS, which all the builds could use.

edit: Vizix I assume you’re talking about this build from mad_lee?

yeah that one