Necromancer Soldier build?

Guys have you any suggestion for these 2 combos? I usually always used a soldier as a support class … but in this case i dunno if is better shammy! I generally use the damage types of the main class and pop up defences for warr and battlecry! If youi have different suggestions write there! TY
Ugluk

with a necro better know what u wanna accomplish first… like, a melee build? sword & broad? 2h? range? caster? pets?

if u mainly use soldier has support then it can be anything of those listed up there…

I believe that every playtester can confirm you the fact that Death Knight (i.e. Necro + Soldier) is rather weak right now. This is not only due to poor synergy between the masteries, but also due to lack of item support. This is not to say that you can’t finish the game with a DK…it’s just that everything you can think of other classes do better.

Vitality / Bleed build - Cabalist and Ritualist do it much better.
Drain Essence - Apostate, Reaper, Cabalist and Spellbinder do it much better.
2h Bone Harvest build - Reaper, Ritualist and Apostate do it much better.
Hybrid pet build - again, Ritualist, Cabalist and Spellbinder are much better. In fact, even some kooky idea such as “pet retaliation” is better with the Ritualist (or even Defiler).

After looking at the item database and seeing the lack of item support for this class, I actually believe there is absolutely nothing a DK can do better than all other classes. Sniff Sniff.

Deathknight dies better?
:stuck_out_tongue:

Move along Druid, it’s finally time to give up your throne. :cry:

I didn’t have time to look at all the new items but how about Soldier as a pure support class (mainly for the shield skills) while Necro goes fully offensive with his vast amount of vitality/decay spells? A similar setup which is DEE Witchblade is doing extremely well in Crucible. Of course DEE is the mother of all poison skills so I don’t know how will the two compare.

Yes I also see that there aren’t so much synergies between the 2 classes…I usually play hc and i have a witchblade lev 85 pure caster and I use soldier only for resistance health e defences… I was thinking about a vitality poison build with the summoned pets of necro and maybe drain ess and chaos bolt waht fo you think?

I have been avoiding looking at the new items just so I can be surprised by drops again, at least for a while but this makes me sad.

Death Knight is the least synergetic soldier class, beats even pre-xpak b-mage.

There’s an item that converts blade arc damage to vitality, which more or less suits DK.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVv8EENE i thought about this kind of build for starting! I have to place devotion points but what do you think about that? i think i’ll go with one handed and focus let me know :slight_smile:

Actually no, for all the flame Deathknight gets, it’s insanely hard to kill. That’s about it.

It just can’t kill, either.

It’s about as anti-Death as possible.

Very unoptimized, but gonna be fine. It’s unrelated to thread though.

I made a crappy Vitality Forcewave Death Knight and it’s fine. It can drop Nemeses in around 25-30 seconds in vanilla.

But yeah, Death Knight currently has really poor itemization. Hopefully more items are introduced and even a legendary set.

Is there any item support for Vitality Forcewave? I’m trying not to spoil myself by looking at the items, so I’ll be grasping in the dark for my first expansion build.

I had wanted to try a Vitality Death Knight build based on Bone Harvest, using weapon pool skills while it was on cooldown. It looks like Shaman or Occultist will make for a better secondary class, however.

It has a single item and it’s a pair of epic pants, that’s it. My weapon is Mythical Wraithblade, a damn epic two handed sword.

I use Bone Harvest mainly to proc Soul Harvest, which gets further boosted if you pick the transmuter.

mate but I think skill tree is solid no? I think i will put a lot in physique…and maybe 3 to 1 to spirit… what do you think?

Lol yeah

Atleast from GrimTool info this seems to be case. I mean I guess you can go for Vitality Melee but I’d rather pick Warder or Witchblade

I am a little disappointed right now since its one of the best class combo names second only to Reaper
Hope, I can figure something out when I get to play the class combo

Maybe it’s a draw :smiley:

So it’s basically Abaddon from Dota, which was based on Arthas the Death Knight from Warcraft, heh.

I don’t even understand why anyone would thing bmage would do more Aether melee damage than death knight. Necro has Flat Aether and Aether rr. Synergy is really there. You just need the gear. This is a serious class combo, as serious as any

Exactly…this is why I believe a simple, quick solution to the lack of item support problem would be to add +skills to siphon souls, spectral binding and necromancer to the Krieg set.

The idea was to have triple mastery support on high lvl. legendary items in the first place.