Need bridges

hi. on the map im playing on there is an island i cant get to and that is annoying since there are lots of rss there. add bridges to the game?

3 Likes

Been asked for several times, but …

I, too, am highly annoyed when I roll a map and get sometimes a sizable area of land that is impossible to get to, and therefore useless. Many times there are abundant resources on such inaccessible land, and that is irritating to the max not to be able to get to those much-needed resources.

1 Like

Are you sure you don’t just have to follow the edge of the lake to be able to acces them though? Some lakes in the game are quite large.

i tried that, there is also a strech that looks shallow but my townies wont go over there either

Agree. It is very frustrating that there are not even simple bridges across shallow water, where villages can pass anyway, but the road cannot be built.

This was one of the first things I commented on, too, when I first dropped in several months ago. Understand that there are probably coding problems with having to redefine sections of the map from Impassable to Impassable Unless . . . and then getting the functionality of ‘bridges’ right, but I know they are considering it, so I can wait.

Just want to point out, though, that wooden causeways over swamp, marsh, ‘wetlands’ are Prehistoric: they’ve found remnants and traces of them in England dating back to 3800 BCE! Perhaps a mechanic where you could build a ‘horizontal palisade’ representing the timber cribbing support through the marshy low ground (the tiles glowing yellow that you cannot normally build on) and then lay a road over that.
Bridges, I think, should be much more complex projects, probably requiring Heavy Tools and some other special requirements - even a timber bridge, after all, is subject to stresses not normal to the fairly simple block structures built on land.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.