Need help creating NEW interactive objects in my mod

Still mapping out The Shrine of Rhyanna, but soon im gonna need a couple of things. Gameplay will be altered slightly, so for example, i just need an openable door, rather than the default breakable one. I will also need a rock (and possibly log) thet you can push over to create a bridge.

My question is, A. Can the current model assets be used but scripted to behave in a different way when the character interacts with it? Or must a brand new model be created (and animated in blender, for example), with its own dbr file to get it to move the way i wish?
And B., do i need to create a new highlight object so the user can see when something is “interactable?” Or does the game automatically create the highlight outline in-game when the player’s cursor is over it?

I would love someone to walk me thru the steps of how to bring an imported model into GD and prep it for use by the editor? It doesnt have to be detailed, but a step-by-step list would be helpful. I sure dont wanna waste time re-inventing the wheel. :slightly_smiling_face: (A link to this info would do fine, if the answer was already given elsewhere.)

1 Like