Need help for a 2h Melee Sorcerer

For now things are going well and as I said; this build was begin with a fun thought then it became maybe I can farm ultos set for my primal strike warder and better gear for blade arc+ judgment combo warlord with this 2H melee sorcerer. So now I’m in ultimate, reaching the gates of necropolis easily thanks to your suggestions which improved me. Nevertheless when I start to getting rekt(nice nickname) by monsters :stuck_out_tongue: I may change the whole devotions and gear depending on your suggestions again./LoE or Lifesteal or both don’t know yet. BWC sounds good btw but my elemental blast skill on Conduit disrupts my play style, knocking monster away from thermite mine so it’s kinda annoying :smiley: I have a question though. Let’s say I have %5 adtch and as main attack skill 50k damage firestrike per hit. When I hit, that 50k flat damage will be reduced by the enemy’s armor and resistances, and I presume after the damage reduction let’s say I hit 30k and 1500 heal to me right? How about explosive strike? I hit the other guys too and also I hit dot(burn etc) too, those damage’s %10 will also heal me? and devotions(like empyrion) with weapon/main hand damage’s dealed damage will also heal me aswell?

Last touches: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxXvMJV Why doesn’t grimtools shows the values properly?
main2 main1

Dont worry about knockback and thermite mines, the hard to kill stuff is immune to knockback

There are several reasons why Grim Tools do not show stuff correctly, one is that it uses the average roll of the items you are wearing.

Not even the game shows stuff correctly either :wink:

low overcap on poison, aether and vitality resistances can get you rekt in Ultimate in AoM and FG areas.

You can find some information regarding life steal here 🤯 malawiglenn’s guide on game mechanics for beginners

I think arcane barrier can protect me against aether but if things start to fall, I can drop it and try to take empyrion to get some +max aether resist and damage reduction. Btw I thought most of the creatures don’t hit aether in FG, they mostly hit posion, chaos and elemental as far as I can see and especially in the tomb of the heretic I might need a full cap slow resistance which is ratherly low right now. And If I’m keep using mark of unlife(unlife skill will be enough with MoE to survive and run if needed) I was thinking getting rid of the turtle shell and maybe the arcane barrier to use those points to get something else what do you guys think?

I thought that you also had the AoM areas left to do in ultimate?

If I understand your statement correctly, I haven’t reached to AoM yet, still in the necropolis. And where do I get those 5 skill point and 2 attribute point that shows available in the grimtools. Did I missed some quest or something?

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Masteries scroll down to “skill points”

Okay I haven’t done the ultimate quest yet, just the hidden path and kasparov’s experiment. That’s good. Btw I asked a question about lifesteal above to understand how important to have %5 or %3 adcth, in my opinion if you depend on lifesteal to survive one must keep hitting so need to max stun, freeze and slow resistances and also to I think survival on lifesteal need a minimum %10 except granted skills or procs to maintain balance between killing bosses and monster packs. While killing bosses you get most of of your procs activated due to long combat which for example shows ghoul devotion’s importance but with monsters mostly one doesn’t even hit twice for each to kill so you won’t be able to keep hitting to maintain your life at full.

what is good about life steal is that you can rely on it before the other defense mechanism such as mirror, blast shield etc kicks in i.e. they are not activated or on cooldown all the time. You should never rely 100% on life steal since even with maxed CC resists there is still room for you to miss attack.

There is also a reason why life steal is meta on melee builds

What is CC resist, I haven’t learned all the abbreviations yet. As I understand your statement my opinion is true, to depend on lifesteal one must have enourmous hitting capacity and maximized resist which withold you from hitting as well as to get lots of lifesteal not just %5 percent.

Crowd Controll, such as freeze, slow and stun :slight_smile:

5% can be more than enough. Even with 3% - restless remains in gloves, you will be able to delay activation of your other defensive layers that kicks in at low health. And with ghoul devotion you will heal up to full health in just one hit.

Oh, I got it now thank you. I made this devotion tree to get empyrion but it decreased my attack speed a lot. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62akJGDZ and if I drop arcane barrier I can use those points to get ghoul too. Edit: No sorry apparently I can’t lol :smiley: I can get only toad without giving up on wayward soul which provides most of my OA so it’s a bad deal. Or maybe I get get rid of the giant’s blood. Both having lifesteal and empyrion cost too much, restless remains or toad the only option I guess.

Last edit: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoBjPvV This might work. I lost giant and arcane barrier and most of my health regen, kept and increased resistances(need an augment change of course), lost a little bit attack speed but damage from empyrion should balance the dps, lost viper’s rr but I have a ring for that which is better, I wasn’t using that ring for that they don’t stack. But now I got lifesteal and the damage reduction from empyrion.

Or, just try the spec that rekt posted eariler :wink:

That way it’s a versus between wayward soul and arcane barrier, I have a little bit crit damage from elemental balance which I won’t be able to use without good OA, so wayward is better in my opinion. But aren’t both ghoul and shell together a little bit contradictary? They will both be activated together mostly and one of them became useless…

for the god’s sake I hope this will be my last devotion change for the character. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NK9RnWV
As your suggestion, I got the lifesteal and the empyrion which looking ratherly good right now. I lost no dps and gain OA and DA, losing attack speed without losing dps shouldn’t be bother me for now, I had to change the necklace to regain OA so, lost that nice skill modifier, that was a shame. I was keeping this shoulder but with a little bit luck I might get even better one. When I get the Ugdenbog and farm some ugdenbloom I might change some of the components of course, for now I don’t have any character to farm ugdenbloom, the other two is more leveled than to farm ugdenbloom in elite and less geared to go in ultimate, I have one acid retaliation that finished veteran but I hated playing with that so I’ll wait. Thanks again for suggestions I know I was pain in the *** :slight_smile:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV99PAjV Finished AoM, proceeding on FG now. I guess this build can’t be improved to kill celestials. Instant death on elite Callagadra, didn’t even try on ultimate lol. Killed Ravager and Callagadra on veteran, though I haven’t killed Lokarr yet in ultimate but it seems possible with a little improvement.

Lokarr can only be found in ultimate :slight_smile:

Good progress with the build!

I know that, sorry for the grammatical error I made, I just meant that I couldn’t kill him, tried though :slight_smile: Again thanks a lot for your support.

Hey guys, I’m currently playing like that https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EkoglZ There is no nemesis that I can’t kill and no survival problems (unless sudden whole aura debuff) but for some of them I kill very slowly and the combats last too long, I know there is no better gear opportunities, except Arcane Force or better MI’s. Most of the time I don’t even need Turtle Shell or panic MoE. So I decide to change the devotion setup a bit and come up with this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2joeEEV. It’s seems good, a bit lower weapon damage but %8 attack speed+ more OA/DA+ more lifesteal so on sheet it’s playable but I have never used Revenant Devotion before so is it good enough to replace elemental storm? I just need it’s RR how does it work? And one more question, Dryad’s Blessing on Flashbang can heal me?

Read about rr here 🤯 malawiglenn’s guide on game mechanics for beginners

yes dryad on flashbang will heal you