Need help for a 2h Melee Sorcerer

Hi guys, I’m kinda a new player. I bought the game almost 2 months ago and I have played 400+ hours since then, I like to try new builds but my computer is giving me down so I’m trying to keep builds raterly simple to avoid dealing with low fps’. I have a few char that finished veteran and elite but for two days I’m playing with my 2h melee sorcerer in ultimate and it’s getting harder since I get homestead.

Here’s my char; https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B9QEwN
main1
and I know I need better gear but haven’t found them yet. I changed my build to be more defensive before started to ultimate yet still it gets squishier as I continue and my lowered(because of the changes I made)dps letting me down on hero packs, bosses and nemesis’s. I kill them very slowly so they get a chance to hit me hard too. Right now there is just slightly issue which I’m getting over it mostly thanks to moe yet even with all defensive abilities they kill me time to time especially totem packs… I’m sure with these stats and experience that I’m having with these packs and bosses it seems I won’t be able pass through malmouth so have you got any ideas for me to improve my build? By the way I don’t want a caster, or hybrid build because in my experience from primal strike warder my gpu is overheating by too many skill effects.

PS: I know I need the scion of the arcane force yet I need to get FG to farm it I suppose and also I need to farm more legendaries to my other builds so they get to go to ultimate too.

If you’re using firestrike, you can always go back to elite and farm up a well-rolled Barthollem’s Warmaul. I’d also drop Vindictive Flame to 11/16 and take all the points out of Ulzuin’s wrath, then put all of them into thermite mine. You also need lifesteal, which you could get from a seal of blades or haunted steel pretty easily.

I changed some stuff:
attributes
skills
component in gloves
augments in ring and amulet
changed one ring
component in pants
changed boots
changed devotions completely
and more…
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62akDYgZ

1 Like

Thanks for ideas I’ll make a few change based on your sugesstions but I rather leave lifesteal away for this build and focus on other sources of heals and regen(kinda obsessive I know :smiley: ) . malawiglenn you gaved me an excellent idea, I thought that binding heal devotions to temporary buffs like blast shield would be risky but after your build I saw that they(when hit devotions) procs also gets a higher change when binded to a cooldown skill. I didn’t know that thank you really :slight_smile:

I think this can get me somewhere. Btw I didn’t have that much ugdenbloom so didn’t change all components and made a few alterations. Here it is https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E3lR3Z

you still need attack speed and life steal

Mate, I still need a better legs and etc I know but not everything can be accomplished at the same time. I improved my dps 10k, got new elemental rr(thanks to you, because I’m a newbie didn’t know about thermite mine), improved my regen with heal procs, lost 2k health and little bit attack speed and %10 crit.Let me play with this version and If it works, I’ll reach the malmouth and with a few lucky loots I’ll make changes again to adjust so don’t worry. If it doesn’t work then I’ll consider lifesteal but that need a whole alteration of the build, not just a few changes like this.

well restless remains in gloves is not a big deal.
2H melee sorc without any life steal just sounds like suicide

Well, just experienced while going darkvale, I activated a totem with a hero packs of chtonics (which alike killed me last night in blood grove before I get cringed and open this topic) it seem working even with low level devotions of giant’s and wayward. I like lifesteal a lot, but I decide to focus on absorption and regen on this build which let me down in ultimate but were perfectly fine in elite. Thanks to your ideas and a bit of change it looks to be working for now. I’ll let you know if things go south :slight_smile:

After a few new item and a few alterations again… https://www.grimtools.com/calc/ I just killed the Mad Queen, they say it is really hard on ultimate but dunno, I’ve killed her on veteran and elite also she wasn’t that hard with good acid resistance. For now things going well without life steal i guess

there is no build in that link :stuck_out_tongue:

MQ is easy with arcanist, you can use mirror during her red aura :slight_smile:

Sorry for that new link :slight_smile: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E3Xy8Z

nice gear upgrades

you could just soft-cap Elemental Balance (last node in Iskandra elemental exchance line) and increase Maivens spehere of protection to as high as you can for even more tankyness and yeah one more point in overload is possible too

Fabric of reality you can leave as 1 pointer and then get thermite mine to 10/16 after that the mine starts to fall off in effectiveness :slight_smile:

Thanks for the ideas and the help :slight_smile: , FoR is 2 points for now, rest is from gear. I thought one point to it better than other options when I get the hidden path skill point last night. btw I droped a well rolled Barthollem’s Warmaul and still 27k less dps than my Mythical Conduit, even with the component and augment it will probably still 15k less than Conduit, but I’ll try to get a better one nontheless. I Guess till I reach the Scion of the Arcane Force, Conduit stays.

Grats on the gear upgrades. These are my 2 cents: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkPddQ2

• get lifesteal (ghoul is the best circuit breaker for %weapon damage based builds)
  • try Light of Empyrion (24% damage reduction is awesome)
  • get brimstone (even on melee it should be a good damage increase)
  • never use single res augments unless absolutely nessessary (e.g. 12% aether and 15% poison res compared to 8% aether+10% poison on two slots is a total of 12% aether / 15% poison compared to 16% aether / 20 % poison, so you basically give away res for nothing)

Edit: Also fateweaver mantle is a dps decrease because of fire to aether conversion, try to get rid of it.

1 Like

Perhaps also change leg component to scaled hide in order to obtain 100% armor absorb. but that is a minor detail since armor is still pretty absysmal.

With this low armor value I’d actually say that ancient armor plate is better cuz of the flat physique, but yea it doesn’t really matter anyway.

1 Like

I liked the mantle actually, both fade from reality and skill bonusses are good for survival which was my problem and also I have a flat aether damage and physical to aether convert from reckless power so maybe my fire damage was decreased but my aether damage increased so not a big deal I suppose. And yes I have not a great deal of armor so ancient armor is better, I tried both. Btw augments are easy to change, I change them a lot depend on the new gears to balance the resistances so I know the math.

For the build you made, I haven’t check it, I’ll get on it first thing when I open the pc; however, build is going well for rn and I don’t want to alter it’s balance which it mostly based on the devotions. As I said before lifesteal is for last option to this build(I know very obsessive of me :smile: :stuck_out_tongue:), I’ll try to manage without it as long as I surviving and killing bosses. I’ll use this build for farming not to kill ravager or reach the end of the crucible or something, I theorycrafted a 2h melee elemental damager and choosed fire strike against cadence which concluded good enough I guess.

Thank you very much for your ideas and interest again :star_struck:

Nice devotion tree, especially life of empyrion but I don’t want to focus on fire. I want a balanced elemental and compulsory aether due to reckless power. Hell I even thought about to use star pact but %15 attack speed on reckless is too good to abandon for now. I’ll think about these if I stuck in malmouth or fg but why brimstone really? I believe elemental exchange is a better option and yes I thought giving up on temper but flat physical damage(which part of it turns to elemental and aether) defensive ability is too good to drop of; howeever if new gears provide me such DA I’ll drop it’s points and give those to somewhere else maybe even brimstone.

This tier 3 devo is not about fire damage, it’s mostly about tankyness and 24% damage reduction. The fire damage is just there as a bonus.

elemental is good, elemental + aether is unfortunately just bad

they are good, but the conversion just makes it a no-go (see above comment)

That is big deal in endgame as you need to streamline damage into one damage type (elemental is ok as “one”), because of how important resistance reduction is and the way resistance reduction works.

I have considered all of what you said. If you do the devotion changes aswell, brimstone will be better. You get DA via mastery points and devotions instead of temper. Note that brimstone’s or any of fire strike’s damage will NOT show up in the weapon damage breakdown in grimtools.

All of the above said, I don’t wanna backseat you at all. It’s just what I think is the most optimal thing with the gear that you have while not changing your playstyle and the way your build will feel at all.
The game is most fun when the idea you had in your head works out and is fun to play for you after all.

1 Like

One easy way to include, some, damage reduction, is BWC with transmuter - only works against physical damage but in most of the cases that is the damage type that hits hardest. It is just 2 skill points worth also.

1 Like