Need help from experienced modders

Hey everyone i need help with editing an already existing mod,i’m playing cataclysm redone and i’m trying to increase run speed of my character and also nerf some potions that are too op in that mod,i found where they are located and edited them with notepad but the changes i make are not reflected ingame in the mod i’m playing so after some digging i read that i have to use assetmanager to extract the files needed and then make the changes,so i load up asset manager choose cataclysm mod then when i try to edit files in there i get an error (couldn’t open dbr file template not found)can anyone help me with that? Would greatly apreciate it…

First you must unpack the default template package
\Grim Dawn\database\templates.arc → \Grim Dawn\database\templates\

and secondly set the AM working directory, etc.

In addition, I remember that cataclysm mod seems to have its own template file. If so, it needs to be unpacked and merged into \Grim Dawn\database\templates\

Thanks for reply,really apreciate it,but do i really need to extract vanilla files just to edit 1 file in Cataclysm mod? And yes Cata mod seems to have its own template files which i already extracted but don’t know where to put it,this seems very complicated or i’m just very stupid xd or just both lol

Instead of extracting ordinary files, extract template files templates.arc. and merged into \Grim Dawn\database\templates\

My English is not good, so it is difficult to explain it clearly to you. If you are willing, can upload your Grim Dawn\database\templates.arc and cataclysm\database\templates.arc here, and I will help you merge the templates.

Sure i could upload them,care to explain how,i’m new to this site? Thanks alot for helping me :slight_smile:

Templates.zip (610.6 KB)

Sorry, did you make a mistake? Cataclysm mod templates.arc is an empty package of only 2KB and cannot be unpacked.

The following is the unpacked Original templates.arc. Release it to \Grim Dawn\database\ and see if it works.
templates.zip (452.7 KB)

Yes it worked,i can acces the files and edit them now,so all i have to do now is change something and then click build yes?

It is best to right-click the directory or file you have changed and select “Build”, otherwise it is easy to clear other dbr by mistake.

For example:

Thanks alot mate,you really helped me here,really apreciate it,do you know how i could reduce or increase drop rates in that mod?

I don’t know, I’ve never changed the drop rate.