Need help merging mods

So I have been trying to find ANY kind of tutorial for help using asset manager to merge 2 mods together. I am a tech pleb who knows very little about stuff and would like an in depth step by step guide. I have been unable to find one and the guides I do find are very general(such as, “use asset manager to extract game files” with no description on where or what the hell it even is). I would just like to have rebalancedlevels with grimmest at the same time. Any help would be much appreciated.

So i have been able to get both mods working at the same time however now my progress isn’t saving.

Update: Using this method 2 mods its possible? - #3 by tqFan I was able to get the 2 mods I want running. The character that wasn’t getting saved was a character I started in the base game and copied over to mod folder. After dealing with this shit for roughly 3 hours I am calling this a win and starting over at level 1. I still think there should be a step by step tutorial or something. Modding grim dawn has been a goddamn nightmare.

That’s because there is more involved than simply moving files around. The game flags Custom mode (mod) characters when they are created. Main Campaign character’s do not have this flag and thus you need to use a character editor to set this flag if you move them to custom game save directories. GD Stash can help you set this flag.

If you’ve never used GD Stash before be aware that on first run of the program you will want to verify that it has detected the correct directories it needs and then you will need to ‘Import database’. This will take several minutes but it must be done before you can proceed.

As for your other “complaints”, all of GD’s mod tools are located in its root installation folder along with a general (but detailed) PDF guide on how to use them.

2 Likes