Need help with mod ideas - change level cap, add portal, zone "collapse" timer, restricted PVP

I am exploring the possibility of making a Tarkov/Dark and Darker inspired mod for Grim Dawn.

My experience: I currently have very little experience modding Grim Dawn. I have only done some basic map edits of Cairn, such as deleting the bridges and various NPC’s in Devil’s Crossing.

The essential details of my idea are as follows.

Gameplay: 2-4 player PVP. Battle royale + extraction.
Players enter the dungeon map, in which there is both monsters and other players to fight (PVPVE). Their objective is to survive and gather gear, then extract before the dungeon becomes impossible to survive in.

Lobby/Staging Area: Devil’s Crossing. Regular access to surrounding areas removed/blocked. No riftgate. No PVP damage whilst in this area.

Level Cap: 10/15/20 (yet to be determined)

Gearing: Items found in the dungeon maps, and vendor(s) in Devil’s Crossing.

Stash: Yes. Regular stash NPC of Devil’s Crossing.

Arenas/Dungeons: Any decently large dungeon map suitable for 4 spawn point starts. Old Arkovia for example.

Timer: The current dungeon arena round remains open for around 8 minutes (TBD). The dungeon fills with a damaging effect over time, forcing surviving players to move to the safe zone or to extract. There is a 2 minute timer between rounds.

Loot: Players gain loot from monsters, chests, or dead players. To take the loot out of the dungeon, they must successfully extract.

Extraction: Extraction requires an escape portal which opens when defeating a challenge, such as a boss or savage totem. Alternatively, it might be a very rare item that drops as loot that can open a portal.

So, there are a few things I need help with. Everything! But I will start with the following.

1. Changing the level cap to only 20
  2. Adding the portal into the dungeon arena
  3. Adding spawn points into the dungeon arena, that distributes each player to a different point

I assume that’ll be scripting and custom objects.

Also willing to discuss collaboration, or to have my idea stolen, or possibly to hire an experienced modder.

1 Like

Wait and see, " Level Cap: 10/15/20 (yet to be determined)" to be discussed.