Need help with my druid build

Hello guys!
I’m trying to create a flashy and fun build with all elements, then I choose druid since it has TSS(ice), devastation(fire) and stormcaller’s pact(lightning).
I’ve just theorycrafted this one. This is the first time I theorycrafting so it’s seem not viable.
Can you help me make it viable, at least? I don’t need it to be OP(still prefer if possible).
Thanks!

I changed a few things in your build while trying to maintain its multi-element theme. First, you don’t need two devotions for flat RR. Different sources of flat RR don’t stack, so there’s no need to have both Elemental Storm and Raise Dead.

The other thing was the usage of Ghoul. Life leech requires weapon damage to work. You chose Beronath’s Fury for this purpose, but your character is a squishy caster with low physical resistance. You won’t be able to stand there in one place trying to hit enemies with basic attacks to leech from them. You have two options. I chose to replace Ghoul with Behemoth for the big heal, but you can keep Ghoul if you use a skill with weapon damage. I suggest Chain Lightning, but Aether Lightning also works. In both cases, you won’t benefit fully from the leeching because of the lower weapon damage on the skills (70% and 50%, respectively). I also used some of the devotion points to complete Pheonyx Fire as it provides a bit of flat damage absorption and i took Murmur as well for extra cold RR.

I suggest not relying too heavily on green items, especially ones with double rare affixes as those are insanely difficult to find. I replaced the rings with the ones from the Arcane Tempest set and also added the amulet. This gives you access to Aether Lightning as a skill you can spam against enemies while TSS and Devastation are on cooldown. This also allowed the redirection of several skill points from Devastation to other areas of the build without sacrificing any damage. I replaced the weapon with Trozan’s Starkeeper because it simply works better than Panneti’s Wand for the build. I tried to maintain the resistances balanced, but pierce ended up a little underwhelming (to my standards, at least).

One final thing: throwing 1 point into Mirror of Ereoctes is always worth it. It’s 3 seconds of invincibility that still allow you to unleash all your damage on your enemies. For comparison, Mark of Torment only absorbs a certain percentage of the damage and Blade Barrier provides invincibility, but doesn’t allow you to do anything else while active. Mirror is super strong. I hope this helps you. Good luck!

1 Like

With weapon, rings, amulet, gloves and boots which don’t have fire, burn dmg, does it make devastation dmg drop significantly?
And should I increase cooldown reduction since this build has many cooldown skills?
Btw thank you for help!

In the original build, the % fire damage was lower than cold and lightning. In the version i posted it became even lower, so i do believe there will be a significant drop in damage. Take into account that a lot of the damage was coming from those Insight procs and getting those is very unrealistic.

If you want to focus on fire damage, you will need to change your devotions to reflect that. Solael’s Witchblade is a must have for fire builds and Magi and Ulzuin’s Torch are also great. The other thing is changing your exclusive skill from Stormcaller’s Pact to Reckless Power. This will improve Devastation, but Trozan’s Sky Shard will suffer for it. Without unrealistic items, it’s not possible to keep the skills on a similar power level.

I also tried looking for a weapon to improve devastation, but the options are very limited. Mythical Dreadfire converts fire damage to aether, so it’s not ideal. And the other weapon requires you to farm Overlord Van Aldritch in Port Valbury and that’s a pain.

I don’t think you will need more cooldown reduction. You should have around 18% to 20% and the mods on the Pyran set already reduce cooldown on Devastation directly. Trozan has a very short cooldown as well and Aether Lightning (if you decide to use it) is a spam skill and has no cooldown.

1 Like