Need Help with vitality RE and GOE Oppressor build

Hi everyone.
Due to the new magi helm that plus 1 summon limit to GOE, i’ve decided to build an Oppressor base on vitality fake pet and RE.
My idea is : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mOapGZ

But then i see this offhand [Mythical Blood Orb of Ch’thon] : https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9352
I wonder does 4 GOE better or 3 GOE full converted acid to vitality better in this case.
Also any idea to maximizing the build is very thankful.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Do you have all the items? If no then work with what you have, but if yes why not just try them both and see?

1 Like

I think you might be better off going for blightlords set if you have it.

Converting acid>vit for GoE doesnt work because the acid already comes from a converted source, you cant convert damage twice.

Acording to some post on the forum, i remember some one have tested that the transmuted damage on the GOE skill can be converted to something else, just like the storm totem.

I’m still missing the [Mythical Blood Orb of Ch’thon] offhand, but i can’t wait to know which one was better in this build, so I hope some one have it and alr test the same build can give me some advice

If that works its a bug, transmuters follow the same rule for conversion.

The order of events for Conversion is as follows: Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passives

No matter where the Conversion occurs though, it is only applied once. What this means is that if a skill has its damage converted to another damage type via a Modifier or Transmuter (ex. Aether turned into Chaos), the converted damage cannot then be converted again by items (the Chaos damage from the earlier example cannot be then turned into Elemental via an item because Conversion has already occurred).

That is from the game guide.

Here is the post about GOE conversion.

With how the transmuter works for the aura, it doesnt convert, but straight up changes the node, hence it looking like double conversion, although its not double conversion.

Its not worth to run acid>vit just for the aura damage, as their normal attacks will not convert acid>vit.

Multiple people also mentioned this in the comments of the post you linked.

I thought the damage of the GOE gonna converted too, not only the aura. i just have checked 🤯 malawiglenn’s guide on game mechanics for beginners
and he also said:
Guardians of Empyrion (Oathkeeper) has transmuter that converts their damage from physical & fire to acid and vitality. This is implemented in the game as a skill switch, NOT a real conversion. This means that if you use their transmuter and then let’s say this caster off-hand Mythical Word of Inquisitor Abalon - you will now convert some of their vitality damage to elemental damage.
Did i misunderstand somethings. So confused :thinking:

Hmmm interesting.

I dont remember it working on the base skill aswell when I did a blightlord build a long time ago.

Then it becomes a matter of which ends up being more damage. A fourth guardian is basically 33% total damage.

If the acid>vit ends up adding more than 33% total damage, blood orb wins out.
Try it and let me know, I’m actually interested.

I have to find the blood orb first tho :joy:. Gonna let u know if the build complete right away.