Need some help with zantarin the immortal

I died on wave 130 in crucible versus zantarin the immortal. I charged him with vire’s might and when i made contact he one shot me. I looked at his abilities on grimtools but i can’t see what is dealing so much damage. I had full life when i died about 18,6k.

Can someone explain what this attack is and how to avoid it. It’s happened before to several of my charachters.

Thanks.

He has a shotgun attack, which fires a lot of projectiles in a fan. Standing point-blank to him at this moment means you eat every projectile, thus you get one-shot. This attack is telegraphed though - he raises his hand(s) in some weird manner. Try to observe his behaviour in main campaign if you can.

4 Likes

Adding to what XandeRoot said. He generally will cast his shotgun while you are at a mid-to-long distance from him and that it does a % of your health and a chunk of Vitality damage per projectile and he usually fires multiple shotguns in succession leading to massive amounts of burst damage if you take the full thing (which you likely did by charging into him).

Another way to spot that he’s preparing his shotgun I find is that there will be a red glow around him. Be wary when you approach and try to bait out his shotgun first, then engage after. Like i mentioned above, he won’t cast it while you are up to close to him.

4 Likes

He’s Zantai’s avatar in-game. You just ate his whole nerf shotgun and got nerfed out of existence. Keep your distance from those under-4-minutes Crucible runs while he’s channelling that attack and you’ll be fine.

5 Likes

Thank you so much all. I never noticed that the super attack has a red glow. I can now avoid it.
So happy to finally learn this. I also forgot to respond to this thread i started.

Better late than never.

1 Like