Nerf the Inquisitor Mastery's Seal and Censure

Nope. It’s just experienced community makes good builds. It’s still very hard to make some builds Gladiator viable.

if grimtools is right: at 12/12 censure does 33% element reduction and 18% reduced target damage. too convenient?. I’d say reduce those numbers.

If there’s an augment that can provide 12-15% constant damage reduction, let me know, because I’m going to smear myself with the stuff. :eek:

Inquisitor is fine and doesn’t need any buffs or nerfs. Please stop talking nonsense about it. Said no one ever. :slight_smile:

Both Inquisitor Seal and Aura of Censure are overloaded with stats. They give more stat variety then Soldier mastery. I mean, if one or two skills enable a character to facetank even a super boss, there is something wrong. Actually, you don’t even need Aura of Censure on certain builds (I actually wanted to say “most”, but I am not sure about that).

In my opinion, Aura of Censure should at least lose damage reduction (although, I think the damage there is also too high) and Inquisitor Seal should be completely re-made. Inquisitor Seal is just a bullshit skill that can finish a build doing 50% of the work. It has defensive and offensive stats, which are not even weak or “touchy”.

Now that I think about it, Inquisitor might be the mastery I hate the most.

• 1000 well said. It needs serious redesign especially those 2 skills. I am not going to even touch the other skills in this mastery for fear that a certain class combination will be rendered much more useless than it already is and will become.

Said me.

I actually think both Seal and Censure are still on the weaker end. A Tactician gets more damage reduction from War Cry than with Censure, and 200ish Absorb is not really a whole lot. It’s great mitigation for lots of smaller hits, but will do literally nothing for bigger bosses.

If your Tactician is tanky, it is not because of these skills.

Edit: Hell, an Oleron’s Blood gives more Damage Reduc than Censure. https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/2901

Where’s a “Like” button in this forum?
+1 to everything said here.

Its 445 flat dmg reduction at 22/12 and its multi-dipping on every dmg type . Also stack nicely with DA and make you immune to most DoTs.
Due to order of defense mechanic Seal works “better” with high-armor chars, but any nerfs to this skill will screw low-armor chars more.
As for Censure, then I dunno rly what the commotion about? It open some builds possibilities, but, pff, its nowere near gamebreacking level of binders defenses.

Which…is still not really a whole lot. If you’re gonna be chunked for 8k health without it, congrats, now you’re being chunked for only 7,555. Yippeeeeeeeeeee…

Plus. if you care to push something all the way to its maximum ultimate rank, it should be impressive (which it isn’t, in this case). That’s kind of the whole point of Ultimate ranks.

Edit: I will concede the DoT point, but that goes for basically all timed Absorption buffs. DoTs are generally quite weak against them, universally.

Actually, you’re wrong here. I’ll put some simple math, you’ll probably think I am retarded because you know that, but: something hits you for 10 000 damage, you have 80% resist to that damage type, you take 2000 damage, but you have 200 reduction from Inquisitor Seal, you take 1800 damage - in this case yeah, not a big deal, why would it be reduced or removed? However, you mostly take at max 4k damage (I think I even exaggerated too much), so after 80% reduction you take 800 damage, and then reduced by 200 it’s 600 - it’s a massive boost, moreover, you mostly take 4k damage when an enemy combines few skills, or it’s Fabius/Reaper (as much as it sounds like a joke, Fabius with appropriate weapons can hit even more than 6k with Execution). Lokarr, for example, hits for about 2.5k per hit, so 500 - 200 it’s 300. It is a massive boost to defense. Now add Aura of Censure to that and it might be even like an immortality skill.

There’s always the issue of usability though. While Oleron’s Blood does give more damage reduction (at least compared to 12/12 Censure, 16/12+ does beat it), it only really affects an enemy or two at a time (assuming you can get the shot off without it missing or being blocked) in comparison to…Censure’s giant constantly active ring which affects every single enemy remotely anywhere near you. Even in non-Crucible situations I’d much rather have the latter, no contest, even if the damage reduction itself is a little lower.

Edit: Yeah, I just realised I spoke about Oleron’s Blood as if it were a ranged-only component. That’s what I get for mostly running gun builds, I suppose. :stuck_out_tongue: Still, most of my point stands.

Well, I think both seal and censure are fine. Flat absorb is good and stack nicely, but I don’t see a lot of builds with phoenix + Obelisk combo.

We take wildly different volumes of damage. My 100/100 megatank shield character regularly takes 7k damage hits after all forms of mitigation, singularly, in Crucible (Witchblade with 40% Phys res). I don’t regard the ability to shave 200 off that so highly.

takes 7k damage hits after all forms of mitigation

Its probably life reduction. Do flat absorb work on life reduction?

I don’t know for sure, but being as Life Reduction is just Vitality damage (and is doubly resisted as such), I’m inclined to believe yes, and that the 7k spikes are not Life Reduction. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t. I know you’ve said this before. You probably want 20m radius on censure

Isn’t it already 20m? Like seriously, the range is huge as fuck imo.

Idea: Olexra’s Flash Censure, 20m range but doesn’t work on bosses.

lel

sounds good. Now all we need ulzuin-wrath like seal, that don’t work in melee range and its done!

:rolleyes:

@ Anti-Paladin

If some mastery appears to be stronger than others, that is all right. Stronger does not mean overpowered.
Your first reaction shouldn´t be to nerf that mastery, but to maybe buff others.
You are not having fun, so all people who play Inquisitor have to suffer? Are you mad?
And pretty please, stop using Lokarr as a means to measure builds. The percentage of players who actually get to Ultimate and Lokarr way is too low. And let´s not forget, that builds that can “easily” farm Lokarr have BiS-gear, so again, that can´t be used for comparison, especially if that should lead to a nerf that affects all Inquisitor players.