New combat option questions. Anyone great at combat?

Is there a tutorial anywhere for new combat options? I am not getting if I’m just not doing it right but I’m getting raided constantly by massive armies. I have a barracks with a full contingent of 24 pikemen and archers and two full stables of lancers and double walls and towers and I have tried multiple strategies and there doesnt seem to be any way to defeat them. The costs of these are massive so keeping up any more than this seems ridiculous. Maybe theyre not meant to be defeatable ie pay up? It’s totally ruining the game. any tips appreciated. I don’t mind a challenge but I’m over it. cheers.

If you’re familiar enough with the game, I wrote a guide for Vanquisher where, among other things, it’s set up for the best defence possible, and can still help a lot if you’re at a Trailblazer level.

However this would mean starting from the beginning. I can give you a way that could help you where you’re at if you don’t happen to be doing it. When raiders approach, immediately pause and set the Cavalry Stable’s meeting point in your main settlement area closest to the arrows. Keep an eye out for whatever raiders come into view. If it’s just footmen, move the cavalry meeting area towards the next arrow (keeping in your main area). As soon as you see catapults, manually control your cavalry to destroy each one, then avoid any mass of footmen that may follow them.

After your towers and Town Centre (if applicable) have done some good pelting, send all melee in to mop them up.

Thanks so much!