New Dodge Mechanic Oversight?

I really like the new dodge mechanic, I find it pretty useful at all stages in the game. I also really like the medal augments (runes or w/e) some of them are really cool and/or useful. I just never used them much. Why is it that the medal augments don’t just apply to/overwrite the dodge mechanic. Like an upgrade to the basic skill instead of being a separate one. I understand people like having both but I would rather just have one to make it more simple.

Personally I enjoyed having multiple movement abilities since I can get around the map faster. I think I have 4 for my Warlord (Blitz, Vire, Medal Augment, Evade).

Edit: If I recall correctly, the new upcoming expansion will also add upgrades or customization to the Evade skill itself.

2 Likes

From one of Crate’s twitch streams:

1 Like

If you’d rather just have one, what’s stopping you from using just one? I don’t understand the problem.

1 Like

:point_up_2: this :thinking:

As always: the fact, that game may be balanced around 2. In case there are situations when monsters attack quickly twice and player is supposed to dodge both hits.

1 Like

Oh awesome, thank you! I was confused as to why they were separate mechanics and not just joined together as they serve the same purpose. Eisp’s comment explains it though. @Gnomish_Inquisition

they didn’t really tho

you seem to misunderstand the reference made, i’m agreeing with Snazz, repeating the point of “just because you only want 1 button doesn’t mean other’s shouldn’t have 2 or that 2 isn’t useful”
^this is because of the new sunder mechanic specifically, and already in early playtest did it showcase that since this new debuffs was much more vital to avoid, if only having 1/only using rune/evade to replace or supplant eachother; you’d be a movement short and could struggle/be short elsewhere
“since we had gotten used to using movements freely to avoid other/non-sunder dangers”,
so having only 1 evade to use, and being forced to save that up specifically for sunders would mean suddenly we were back to having other dangerous and increased gang back threat