New Enviroment WIP / Update

Hey, just thought I’d share an editor-shot of an environment we’re currently working on but which isn’t quite ready for in-game screenshots yet. I know people were interested in seeing one of the brighter parts of the game.

zomg - what manner of spawn proxy is that behind the windmill?!

Right now it only has basic terrain textures and a couple pieces of set-dress. We will be reworking the wheat sheaf type things since I don’t feel that the texture really matches our style. Most of our effort is still on the necropolis area, which is nearing completion. We’ve also started work on an underground and nearly have the basic tile-set done and working.

That is all for now…

Hard. Progressive and precise.

Keep up your hard work and hq talent. :slight_smile:

Both necropolis and killingfield represent hq work, nice handmade 3D environment.

“just simply Better than TQ” (present king among arpgs since 2006)

Arghhhhh my eyes!!!

Joking. :slight_smile: Love the brighter environment.

Don’t forget it’s still in Editor (and under construction/retexturing, rebalance light, etc) NOT AN IN GAME shot!!!

Yeah I know. Actually I hope it gets a little brighter in game.

I think when I play GD I’m going to have to turn my monitor up to 100% brightness, from the previous SS. :slight_smile:

I think Crate has good talent to find best light method that fits perfectly to the Grim Dawn overall atmosphere finally.

Glad you like it! I think it is really more a matter of just listening to feedback and having the judgement to know when things need improvement. Of course, there is also a point where you need to know when to stop. I tend to be an obsessive perfectionist, so sometimes it is hard to stop when I get to that point of diminishing returns. I have to keep myself in check though because there is a lot to get done!

Ironically, this bright happy environment is currently the most deadly part of the game! :stuck_out_tongue:

Do those sheaves of wheat morph into deadly scarecrows or something? :cool:

Art and visual maximalism/perfectionism is not a bad habit at all:)

sometimes blood looks better in light…haha

That beaten road actually look decent with all the bumpiness! Is there gonna be any vehicle drive by engine? And what is that yellow thing behind the windmill? Is there gonna be monster spawn from the mill blade?

We’ve also started work on an underground and nearly have the basic tile-set done and working.

I’m curious about this and you also mention somewhere about this but not final, can we expect the random dungeon?

Woah. I think I’m gonna need some shades just to pass through that area.

As for the proxy; it looks like a cotton gin monster or a tractor-beast.

Or we could call it “Big Ben”. haha

It has two huge sword arms, either disproportional shoulders or a really long neck, a huge sail looking thing on its back, maybe a meat grinder or something? Long double kneed legs, bipedal, and… that’s about all I can pinpoint.

It looks hard!

I think I recognise that proxy, it reminds me of something…

Name that Pokemon!

It’s Scyther!!

LOL, it could be him too!

I think it looks like a big flying insect. Bet that its bite is worse than that of those damn crows near Helos…

I loved the crows lol…they had a satisfying pop when they died :smiley:

The yellow thing is a cow, I’m sure.

I am confident it’s a stain on the monitor while they had hotdogs for lunch.
Mustards, yep pretty sure it is a mustard stain.

Oh, I didn’t realize monitor stains APPEAR IN SCREENSHOTS.

lol

It could be a cow, I’ve got a few other ideas of what it could look like, for example, some kind of alternate reality siege strider.(yes the one from TQ)

The funny thing is - this is actually not that far from the mark.

I’m gussing preying mantis, only because i love them and that would rock