New Forum Feedback

Thanks! I really need to sign up for the discord. Always forget, until you point it out to me. This is, what, 3rd time? Hehe, I will do it…eventually!

Is this real or am I dreaming? I thought I got onto the wrong site for a second. First I couldn’t even tell what to click to get to the actual forum on the forum home page, then I couldn’t find the search button because it’s up there with facebook and twitter cancer for some reason. Infinite scroll is AIDS. Discord integration is AIDS. Google integration is AIDS. Your “modern” UI is AIDS in every way. I couldn’t possibly anticipate a UI that’s worse that beta Sankaku, Nexusmods, or new Steam update, but you did it, you actually dun did it. Web archive snapshots of this will exist for all eternity for people to easily get eye cancer when they get tired of it all. I came looking for an old Titan Quest build compendium and I just changed my mind, I can’t spend a single second more on this site. I just homed in on this thread and I’m going to close this page forever once the reply is sent.

I wonder if this loser realizes he didnt say anything new, that web snapshots reach practically nobody, and that despite infinite scroll being shit, linear-time navigation is still very much possible within the current syytem.

1 Like

It amazes that people can feel this personally attacked by a freaking forum UI, lol.

3 Likes

Please mean this. Really, please mean exactly what you said here.

1 Like

Someone tell me why the new search doesn’t take you to the exact location (line) of search result.
For example searching for ‘rotgheist’ in the following patch notes and clicking the 1st result

moves you at the start of the post so I have to click CTRL + F two times to get the standard browser Find Menu to show but you know CTRL + F doesn’t work properly with the infinite scroll and disappearing posts. Please correct me if I’m retarded and there’s a good way to do it. I like new forum but I find it hard to search for stuff.

To sum up: the search feature doesn’t work for long posts

1 Like

That’s fairly interesting considering that it seems fine to me. I went to the bottom of that thread… used the forum search to find it and go to first post… then used browser search to find the lines no problem… whats the issue again?

Turning the star/8 symbol into a bullet-point automatically is kinda lame but overall this new design has grown on me…

Plus, it copy/pastes easily onto other forums when I post a patch update etc.

Put a backward slash in front of it first… *
Like so: \*

Since Discord uses Markdown for text formatting it’s just the way of it…

Edit (lol): I just realized that I said “Discord” - the forum uses “Discourse” :neutral_face::scorv:

Which also uses Markdown, so all good anyway, it’s all the same more or less :slight_smile:

https://commonmark.org/help/

2 Likes

is the “no feedback” forum no more? I was gonna send a drunk “hey I got the chance to finally play the new expansion blabla” message to the devs, but I was unable to find the part of the forum again that only the mods can see. so yeah here you go, was fun, story was lackluster to me personally but all in all, totally fun and worth it. but now I’m done and I…want… MOAR

No, the No Reply Feedback section went when we moved platforms.

Moar will come in smaller content updates since there are no more expansions planned for the game. Development is winding down as Crate concentrate on new projects. They’ll continue to support GD so long as it makes sense financially to do so.

Yes… and no. The section merely changed shape instead…

2 Likes

And the new forum is now just over a year old. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I was going to suggest you block people that are like that if they bother you that much and you can’t ignore them*, but apparently this forum system doesn’t provide that option.

Really though, people should learn that beginner guides don’t have proof and references because that’s not a beginner guide anymore. At that point it’s an intermediate or advanced guide/analysis.

*Which is fair.

It does actually

1 Like

I saw that it blocks notifications, but does it also make it so you can’t see their posts or comments?

I don’t know since I’ve never used it.

Suppressing posts requires trust level 2. However, I feel it results in fractured communication and you can easily miss the context.

1 Like

I don’t like that i.e.
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/tags/eye-of-reckoning
doesn’t show the threads I’ve muted and I need to search for the tag to see all tagged threads.

Because when I mute I just don’t want to see further replies in Latest but when I search for builds I’d like to see them all. But it’s probably just me / moderators probably read all new posts anyway.

Still the worst forum I ever saw :frowning:

Slow interface
Slow answer
Hard to find answers, etc

I don’t know If any improvement have been made but it’s still a pain to navigate after one year and half

But the graphic chart is still awesome