New lightning ranged DW FS and Savagery, Valdaran

Made two lightning builds with effectively new weapon.

Vindicator is alright. Decent dmg, decent tank. AoE is a tad underwhelming. Overall a good build. The big problem here is that almost the same build with Evoker is just better in everything. DW has no merits over it. And requires an extra weapon to work.

Purifier has better AoE but somehow lower tank despite buffed blast shield and over 3k DA. Also feels inferior to full Dagallon with these conversions. And inferior to Vindicator.

Both builds struggle vs Valdaran. In fact in this patch all proj. spam builds struggle vs him, dunno what happened there. His aura was dangerous since 1.2 but now it seems to outright delete some builds. Tbh this one nems feels the least refined and the least fun to fight. It has unique abilities of teleport and swaps but in reality the entire gameplay vs him is reduced to step away/null retal aura and not care at all in all other times.

Suggestions:

• Exonerator is not quite there yet. Needs phys conversion for FS much rather than chaos. Also in the spirit of total speed slap DA in there to go with OA. Or smth else. Maybe +1 Inquisitor. It needs smth to shift enough value into defence and not end up with pointless builds
  • Wouldn’t mind some 15% armor on 2-piece Dagallon bonus with flat reduced to 5-10 each. It’s not easy to make an AA Purifier tanky
  • Valdaran needs rework more than any other nems. His no cd retal aura disproportionally scaled with player powercreep over the years. Most characters have too many things that count as projectiles now. Put his retal aura on cooldown. Buff it, buff other non-AA abilities. Maybe make him use swap ability at close range too, to catch you off guard when you tucked yourself in the corner
4 Likes

ngl i don’t get this ask (nor do i personally agree)
how is this an issue? - or is it because it doesn’t allow facetanking?
if the counter is as simple as stepping away, what is the struggle with him/aura being an issue and needing to be gimped?
i can’t help but feel like this is a request aimed at making a dangerous boss more easily facetankable… :neutral_face: (ie a nerf, which i don’t agree with)

No, it’s actually a request for making the boss stronger and more engaging compared to the current black and white situation.

It’s really bad when the boss does virtually nothing, compared to peers, outside of a small “enrage phase” window, when it’s much stronger than any other nemesis, but only for select builds. And if your character has a null from Arcanist or devos the boss does nothing period.

No other nemesis right now is nearly as “one trick pony” as Valdaran is. The idea of retal aura makes him different from other bosses. But when it makes his danger go from 0 to 100 it’s just annoying. You can make it go from 50 to 75 and have a much more interesting enemy.

Again, my main point is (and it’s applicable to Mqueen as well) that no cooldown procs on enemies are relics of the past. They didn’t scale correctly with the changes of the game.

3 Likes

Now that I got to play Stormbox character, Valdaran’s retal visual is just pure joy to figure out. Such fun.

I agree about phys conversion. I also think it needs either +1 to Inquisitor or +1 to demo (we will take both too :stuck_out_tongue: )

For some reason he was especially vicious in Crucible compared to his SR 75-76 version. I’ve noticed it several times, not sure if I just got unlucky or something broke in his code for Crucible or something.

Played RtA vines full Dawnguard. Died to Valdaran two times even stepping away during retal aura. Because you can’t leech with the build from distance and his machine gun proc still gets you. I have never hated a boss so much since Grava of the old days.