New Mod Creator

Hi, everyone. My name is wartec77 here on the forums. I am a beginner modder, I am going to make an expanded overhaul and redsign many parts of the base game to be an updated version of the original game I love this game so much I am going to pour thru every single aspect of what I can an cant do with these game modding tools and make new custom classes and item overhauls and new items to make the game even more appealing than it already is this mod will have new areas on the world map and more secret zones and chests scattered around the world. I hope I can win everyone support I will work solo on this mod I hope everyone will like it I will accept any and all bug reports or error report or creation help I can get if it falls in line with the vision I have for the mod though as a rule of thumb I am following an exaggerated power curve version of the devs design style it will be in line with theres only im hoping to work on something that feels like a heavily modifed grim dawn 10 jk jk heres to the hopes I can complete this its gonna take a long time before i release the mod though expect it when I am ready to present it i will post updates on it over time.

• List item
7 Likes

I hope you’ll add a monk class.

Alrteady exists in several mods.

Ha, you’ve got your work cut out for you…

The one thing I would recommend is start small and build from there, eg create your first mastery, add items to it and so forth, do not jump into everything at once.
Also, release your mod as it grows, no need to wait for years until you have a ‘final’ version that contains everything you wanted to add.

3 Likes

Yeah i think he would like the monk class in his overhauled game was his point I’m thinking.

Good Luck I’ll be wait for something like that, not many mods actually change anything about the actually game.

Don’t get too ambitious or we’ll end up with another abandoned mod on our hands.

Speaking of, three months in and no news, so either this is already abandoned without anything to show for or the OP is not following my advice of ‘release early, release often’ :wink:

Most likely they found out they couldn’t create what they saw in their mind’s eye and lost interest.

No idea, there is a lot he could do in theory if you look at RoT… also he knew it would take quite some time to complete

Well I wish him the best, but it’s too early to declare anything; that he’s quit, or his intention to overhaul the whole game.